Ulster Ancestry
Is there someone you know who has always wanted to research and compile a history of their family? An Ulster Ancestry Genealogy Gift Certificate is the ideal gift.
Ulster Ancestry - Ancestral and Family Research in Northern Ireland
Research Services Free Pages Living Heirs Research Testimonials
Free Newsletter Search this site Buy Documents Frequent Questions
Contact The Ulster Scots Townland Database Contact
Ulster Ancestry Free Ancestor Search - Search over 330,000 ancestors and ancestry records. Heir Hunters Association


Civil Survey 1654 : County Donegal


Barony of Enishowen

    The Bounds of this barrony begineth westward at a place called Burtt Castle which belongeth to the Lord Chichester and from thence norward with ye greate
    River of Loghswilly while wee come to a place caled Ardmalin belonging to ye Lord Chichester and soe continueth norward while wee come to the Ocean which
    boundeth to the North-eastward, while wee come to an ancientt ruined Castle called Greene Castle and from thence by two castles, the one called Redd castle
    and the other called White Castle both belonging to Major George Carey as tennantt to the Lord Chichester and from thence Southward to ye stronge ffortt of
    Culmore belonging to the State and soe continueth soutward by a Bogg to an olde fortt joyning one the quarter of Ballinacard which Quarter belongeth to ye cittie
    and libberties of Londonderry and with an olde Ditch bogg and Logh to ye river of Ballimackeerty joyning to ye Libberties of Londonderry and from thence to the topp
    of a Mountaine called Monaknocknamone belonging to the Lord Chichester and from thence southwest by a litle brooke descending and falling downe in Logh Lappan
    which boundeth us from the barony of Raphoe and from thence Westward through the Causey and bogg of Colemackatraine and from thence by a small ditch unto ye river
    of Loghswilly where wee began our bounds.  The greatest partt of our soyle is Mountaine and Bogg that which is arrable is hungrie ground and the pasture worse.
    Oure graine is most oats some barlie litle wheate and less rye.  Wee have likewise some small inconsiderrable ffishings, vizt one small sallmon ffishing in ye river in 
    ye river of Boncrannogh one seale ffishing in the island of Glasseve one litle sallmon ffishing in the River of Strabregg and a less in Loghfoile all wch. ffishings
    belongeth to the Lord Chichester and nothing elce doe wee finde Remarcable in our Barrony.
    The Parrish of Clanmannie
    Names of Proprietors                           Denomination of Land
    Arther Lord Chichester, Lord Viscont           ffugatt, Ballimcagen, Leggo curry,
    Carrickfargus, English Prottestantt            Carrowreagh, Carrickbracky, Ballimcmurraty,
                                                   Tullinabratly, Dowaughgillen, Ardaugh,
                                                   Ballilussin, Cleaugh, Monocloyne, Altocally,
                                                   The two thirds of ye Quarter called Ruskey,
                                                   Doonally, Crossconnell, Rossmaugh, Doonass,
                                                   Litterr, Parte of ye twenty-one Quarters
                                                   & two thirds mentioned in foll (2), 
                                                   Ennismana, Lennan
    Mr. Arther Leyning, English Prottestantt       One ffree houlde called Rasheny
    The Parrish of Clancae
    Names of Proprietors                     &

nbsp;     Denomination of Land
    Arther Lord Chichester, Lord Viscont           Ardmalin, Balligorman, Breigh, Ballikeene,
    Carrickfargus, English Prottestantt            Balliedothee, Balliknose, Killene, Drogh,
                                                   Ballagh, ARsnegar, Ballileghan, Norrada, 
                                                   Carromore, Drumkarbitt, Balleeghan,
                                                   Monodurra, Disternan, Drumly, Coollworts
    Richard Oge O Dougherty, Irish Papist          The quartr of Kenogh, being a freehoulde
    
    The Parish of Collduff
    Names of Proprietors                           Denomination of Land
    Captaine George Butlerr                        Halfe a quarter of Land called Waskell
    Enblish Prottestant
    There is likewise belonging to this parish a small island being three leagues in the
    sea belonging to the Lord Chichester called Ensterhull.
    Arther Lorde Chichester, Lord Viscont          Cashell, Carromore, Waskell (pt), Woortt,
    Carrickfargus, English Protestant              Aghglasan, Augh-tubber, Termocrorogh, 
                                                   Ballicarry, Clongadd, Ballieghanmore,
                                                   Balleghanbegg, BallimcGarke, Drummovill (pt),
                                                   part of Donegranan called Kindrett,
                                                   Letrim Minodurro, Disterna
    The Parrish of Downogh
    Names of Proprietors                           Denomination of Land
    Arther Lord Chichester                         all townlands in Parrish
    The Parrish of Disertegne
    Names of Proprietors                           Denomination of Land
    Arther Lord Chichester                         Gortegarigan, Leowin, Lislin,
                                                   Manaloban, Manogh, Downreagh
    The Parrish of Movill
    Names of Proprietors                           Denomination of Land
    George Carey, Esqr.,                           One quartr of land called Clancroe
    English Prottestantt
    Daniell Mc Brian Oge McGloghlin,               The halfe quartr of Clare being a
    Irish Papist                                   freehoulde
    This halfe quarter of land is bounded one ye southside by Loghfoile, one the west side to ye topp of a mountaine called knockgannish, and from thence norward by a bogg to a 
    quarter of land called Cragenamaddy, and Eastward from thence by a brroke from the aforesaide mountaine into ye river of Loghfoile.
    Arther Lord Chichester, Lord Viscont           Trummata (pt), Carrowkeele, Carberry,
    Carrickfargus, English Prottestantt            Crehenan, Rooskey (pt), Dronge, Balliargus,
                                                   Tulinaum, Clare (pt), Ballirattan, Ballilane,
                                                   Bradaglin, Culla Dooe, Ballinally,
                                                   Carrgarue, Ballibruck, Drumawire,
                                                   Ballimccarter, Balleghan, ffardrunge,
                                                   Crehue, Carrotrachin, Shrooue, Glanegobanogh,
                                                   Massaglin, Meneleterbb, Carrobegg,
                                                   Ballimcgarhee, Carromanogh (pt),
                                                   bllibrin, Lecemy (pt).
    The Parrish of Ffauthen
    Names of Proprietors                           Denomination of Land
    Shane crone McDevitt, Irish Papist             One halfe quarter of land being a 
                                                   freehoulde called Muffkinagoe
    Arther Lord Chichester, Lord Viscont          The remainder of townlands in the parish
    Carrickfargus, Eng : Prott
   The Parish of Templemore
   Names of Proprietors                            Denomination of Land
   Arther Lord Chichester                          All the townlands in the parish
   Lands Lately Belonging to the Crowne in the Barrony of Enishowen
   Names of Proprietors                            Denomination of Land
   Buillt by ye Londonrs and now                   The strong foort of Cullmore with
   possest by ye state                             the halfe quartr of Leardan
   Lands belonging to the Hierarchy in the sea of Derry and
   Barrony of Enishowen
   Movill
   Names of Proprietors                             Denomination of Land
   Owen Winn Esqr., English Protestant,             Carronaugh, Tirgovane, Cooly, Clancree
   pretended leasee
   Disertegne
   Names of Proprietors                             Denomination of Land
   Mr. James Downham, English Prottestant,          Ballienan, Tonduff
   Pretended leassee
   Bipps Lands in the Parrish of Ffauthen
   Names of Proprietors                              Denomination of Land
   Two quarts of Mensall lands held                  Castle quartr & Maghere bogg
   by John Reeve Esqr as tent to ye state
   Mr. Charles Stenings, English Prottestantt,       Lisfanan, Carrmullin, Carro-Sleave, Litter
   leasee
    
   The third parte of ye tyths in this parrish are claymed & possest by Cap Henry Vaughan 
   as Improppriator of ye same
    
   Bipps Lands in the Parrish of Clancae
   Name of Proprietor                                 Denomination of Land
  Mrs. Sar Babbington, English Prottestantt,          Carrow Temple, Doncass, Laesechrill,
  pretended Leasee                                    Glacknedrummon, Drum ballicoslin
  Mr. James Downeham, English Prottestantt,           Templemoyle, Dromnaville
  pretended Leasee
        
      

Barony of Raphoe

  It is bounded on the north with Loghswilly & the river thereof dividing betweene it & ye Barony of Kilmacrenan, on ye East bounded with ye Barony of Enishowen, & the Libtie of
  Derry, on ye South bounded all along with Loghfoile & on the west with a hollow brooke runing into ye river of ffin, & from thence along ye Mountaine bounding with ye County of
  Tyrone to the Logh of Mulmorne & then pointing to the two hills of Barnsmore in the Barony of Turhugh through wich is ye ordinary passage to Conaught & from thence bounding
  by the outside of a mountaine called Shiroy & soe through ye Mountaines to Letterbrecke upon the River of Loghswilly where the north passage begineth.
    The most remarkeable places in the afresd Barony of Rapho are ye rivers and brookes runing through it & first the river of ffin taking its rise & name from a Lough called
  Loghfin in ye parish of Stranorlan three miles from above a mountaine known by the name of Shiray upon which river is situate ye ruines of a Plantation belonging unto Sr. Paul 
  Davis called ye Welsh Towne next ye Castle of Drumbo belonging to Mr. Bassill the Attorney genall neere unto which castle is a famous Passage of the Mountains
  (towards Barnesmore leading to Dunagall) called ffort of ffin, Next unto yt is situate upon ye River a ruinous house & Baun belonging to Mr. Benson, another belonging to
  Mr. Mansfield in which place ye River is also passable.  Next ye house & Bawne of Donoghmore, neere which is situate a ruinous Castle taking its name from the River,
  belonging to Mr. Kingsmale where also is a passage & a stone house belonging to Mr. Wm. Warren & there ye river begineth to be navigable & continues in length yet three 
  miles further where it empties it selfe in Loghfoile at ye towne & fort of Lifford. There are reasonably store of vally lands on both sides of ye river, but much subject
  to inundations by swelling of the river as also to much blasting of ye Corne growing thereon which for ye most part is Oates.  The next river or great brooke is Burnedale 
  taking ir rise from Loghdale in ye parish of Rapho above one ruinous Church called Drumcheen upon which is situate a ruinous Castle belonging to ye heire of Mr. Wilson
  called Wilson's fort, next unto which house is a ruinate Bridge called Convey Bridge, from thence glidding throught ye parishes of Rapho & Lifford where stands ye ruinous
  house of Ballendraite belonging to Mr. Wm. Hansard as also a wooden bridge & passe leading from Lifford to Londonderry & abt a mile from thence looseth it selfe
  in Loghfoile the third Brooke taketh its begining from some mountaines in ye parish of Rapho in a place called Munterleny above ye Towne of Raphoe where also stands
  the Castle of Rapho lately built by Dr. 'Jon. Leshley then Bishop of the sd parish & through some pt. of the parish of Taboine & Lifford joineing upon either side where
  also is a Bridge & long Causway which leadeth to Londonderry from Lifford & other places called the bridge of Swilly-beg with in halfe a mile of which it looseth it
  selfe in Loghfoile.  The next remkable Brooke hath its begining in ye Mountaines of Dowish in ye parish of Ray & hath its name fro a little Village in ye parish of 
  Taboine called St. Johnston where also is a Bridge, & a qrtr of a mile from thence  emptieth it selfe in Loughfoile.  The Last Brooke is called ye water of Carrikin 
  which hath its rise some three miles above ye sd. village of Carrikin from a Logh called Portlogh, at Carrikin, is a Bridge & passe leading to Londonderry where a little
  below it falls into Loghfoile.  There is also some brookes runing into Loghswilly on the north side of ye Barony but hath noe bridges & therefore not worth the naming 
  save one bridge yet stands upon a brooke neere Newtowne Cunningham upon Loghswilly where also is a pritty house & baune & a little village enjoyed at present by the
  coheires of Sr. Jon. Cuningham knt.  There noe more houses of note in the Barony of Raphoe save ye house of Magevelin situate on Loghfoile belonging to ye Lord
  Aubigney, in ye parish of Taboine.  The soile is cold lying in patches intermixt with bog, heath, Mountaine, & some pts towards Loghfoile fennes most for oates, little
  for barley, & lesse for wheate reasonable pastorage for small Cattle of all sorts.
  Parish of Raphoe
  Name of Proprietor                       Denomination of Land
  Andrew Hamilton Esqr., Brittish          Trentiboy, Agagalty, Drumgunurlan,
  Protestant Beseiger of Derry             Convoy, Tillidonell, Findrum, Carrickbrecke,
                                           Rusky, Magherehee, Kilenvre, Knockigerran
 The aforesd Andrew Hamilton Esqr. holdesth ye  pmises as Lawfull heire to sd.
 Jon. wilson & Capn. Andrew Wilson Unkles to ye sd. Andrew Hamilton who held ye same
 by Patent to themselves & their heries forev.
 
 Nicholas Parmenter gent. hath three Balliboes & an halfe of ye Quartr land of Carrickbrecke
 in ffreehold to him & his heires for ever.
Jon. Pitt gent. hat a small pcell of ye Quartr land of Killenvre now in his owne
possession in ffreehold to him & his heires forever.
  Wm Basill Esqr. Atturney                 Ardekelly, Lissenoar & Cloghgorach,
  genall English Protestt.                 Carnegellach, Castletorson, Cloghroy,
                                           Callen, Lettermore
The ad Wm. Basill Esqr. holdeth the pmises by Inheritance from Martin Basill, deceased, wch.
he purchased from Mr. Robt. Harrington.
   Parish of Taboyne
   Name of Proprietor                      Donomination of Land
   Lord Aubigney Brittish Protestant       Letterquill, Bellilenan, ffadiglas,
                                           Tillirap, Callachymore, Maymcor, Dumenan,
                                           Magevelin, Rattein, Cragdugh, Moymeen, Drumor,
                                           Cassill, Glassigowan, Kanykally, Cloghfin, 
                                           Tonagh, Monesse, Ardagh & Trentagh, 
                                           Carrnesbanagh
  The aforesd Lord Aubigney holdeth all these Lands, & in the Lease goeing before,
  by Inheritance from Sr. John Stuart first Patentee.
  Anna Coningham, the heire of             Culmacatraine, Gorteree, Belliheskie,
  Sr. James Coningham Brittish             Rusky, Drumay, Dramillian, Portlogh,
  Protestant                               Letrum, Monglash & Clune, Corcamen,
                                           Drumlocher, Tillianan
  Anna Coningham holdeth ye prmises by Patent granted in the name of Jas Coningham of
  Balliachan for the use of the sd Heretrix of Sr. james Coningham of Glengormocke.
  Margret ye relict of Andrew Coningham holdeth a Ballibo of the pmises called Ballihasky
  with a house & tenemt. & six acres of land in Colmciltraine & a garden plot in the Bukehill
  neare adjacent.
  George Coningham holdeth ye Qr. of land of Drumay as heire to his father who held ye same
  in freehold from Sr. james Coningham deceased.
  Francis Coningham ye relict of Mr. Robt. Coningham holdeth ye two Qrs. of Coricamen 
  and Drumlocher by purshase from Robt. Coningham, son to Alexr. Coningham who held the
  same in ffreehold by Patent.
  Patricke the sonne of Alexr. Coningham holdeth ye Qr. land of Letrum in freehold onely
  reserved his mother's lifetime.  As also the sd. Patricke Coningham & his sd. Mother
  Jenet Barton holdeth ye Qr. land of Portlough by Purchase in fee farme from
  Sr. James Coningham untill the sume of 127li :10s be paid.
  John Ewen claimes the Quartr. land of Gortree by deed of Purchase from Alex.
  Coningham freeholder thereof.
  The Heires of Sr. John Conyngham              Carrikin, Culdrum, Carshewey, Decastrewes,
  Brittish Protestant vixt. Lieut.              Gortanleave & Bogan, Altaghadery, Ardee,
  Coll William Conyngham Beseidger              Moyle, Monfad, Pleaster, Ardee, Mongregan,
  of Derry                                      Drumboy, Rughan
  Wee find ye Heire of Sr. john Conyngam knt. holdeth ye pmisses by patent Granted to
  ye sd. Sr. John Conyngham & to his heires & successors forever, And as wee are Credibly
  Informed is given by Deed of Conveyance to Leiut. Coll Will Conyngham, & Margery his
  wiffe.
  Wee find Robt. Boyle Gent holdesth ye Qrter Land of Moyle & Murlagh in fee farme from
  Sr. John Conyngham to him & his heires for ever.
  James Lennox of Carshewry claimith ye Qrter of Carshewy by Lease of 100 yeare from Sr.
  John Conyngham Will Lennox Brother to ye sd. James Claimes three score acres of ye sd. 
  Qrter Land of Carshowy being purchased from his sd. brother.  As also ye sd. William
  Lennox Claimes three Ballyboes of ye Qrter Land of Rughan for 200 yeares being purchased
  for a sum of mony.
  Hugh Thomson Claimeth ye Qrter Land of AltaghaDery in freehold to him & his heires
  for ever  Mrs. ffleming Claimeth tenn poinds p ann Dureing her Life out of ye tenn
  Ballyboes of Drumbarnett & Bagay wch was given her by her Brother Sr. John
  Conyngham.
  Robt. Young Claimeth four Ballyboes of Culdrum wch hee holds by Deed of purchase from
  Sr. John Conyngham to him & his heires for ever.
  James McKie Claimes fortie five Acres & halfe of ye Qrter land of Carshowy wch hee did
  purchase from Sr. John Conyngham & James Lennox to him & his heires for ever.
  James Cooke Claymeth four Ballyboes with in ye Qrter of Carrikins as a ffreehold with three
  Tenemts. & houses in Carrikins & also a Lease hold of other four Ballyboes of Culdrum
  Qrter at ye yeare rent of seaven poind to ye Land Lord for ye sd lease hold.
  Wm. Stewart Brittish Protestant            Balllilegly beg & Ballileglymore,
                                             Rughan
  The heires of Mr. Gale Brittish            Dunmore
  Ptsstt. Minors
  The sd. Wm. Stewart holdeth ye pmisses by Inheritance from his father & Grandfather
  (being pt of ye proportion of Ballibeagh) wch they had by Patent to themselves & their
  heires forev.
  Archibald Thomson claimeth five Balliboes of ye Qr. of Ballibegly beg wch was
  morgag'd to him by Alexr. Stewart of Ballilan for the sume of fifty pounds ster, paid to
  him by Archibald Thomson.
  Francis Coningham widdow the relict of Mr. Robt. Coningham deceased claimeth the two
  Balliboes of Ruphan wch was morgaged to her sd husband by the pprietor.
  
     Parish of Ray
   Names of Proprietors                  Denomination of Land
   Jas. Cuningham Esqr.                  Machrimore, Machribeg, Drien, Balliachen, Crakimore,
   Brittish ptestant Beseiger            Erety  
   of Derry 
   James Cunningham Esqr. holdeth the pmisses by Patent granted to him & his heires
   forev.
   Edward Arnet hath a ffreehold within the sd. pporcon of thirty two Acres of the
   five Balliboes of Erety.
 
   Wm. Stewart Brittish Protestt.         Balliveagh, Ballilan, Monyhaghly, Ballilevin
   Lord Aubigney Brittish Protest.        Limmockery, Reyland, Dowish, Drumetowlan,
                                          Galdenagh
   Wm. Stewart holdeth ye aforesd pporcon of Balliveagh as heire to his father and
   Grandfather who held the same by patent to themselves & heires forver.
   Thomas Lecky claimeth on Balliboe of ye sd ppcorcon wch he had in morgage
   from ye pprietor.
   Archibald Tomson holds the two Balliboes Leanaghea & Ouchtagh by deed of purchase
   from George Tomson son to Hugh Tomson of Londonderry mcht who held the same in fee
   farme from ye Proprietr for ev & by the sd George assigned ov to the sd Archibald
   & his heires forever.
   Likewise ye sd Archibald Tomson claimeith the tow Balliboes of Balleveaghinglglas & 
   Revegs with in the sd pporcon to him & his heires forever.
   The Lord Aubigney holdeth the aforesd lands of Lishmochery &c. by Inheritance being
   pt & pcell of ye foure thousand Acres belonging to him wthin the pish of Taboyne.
   Sr. Jon. Colchoun Brittish               Corky 
   Protestant                               
  Robt Galbraith beseigr. of                Gormore, Rusky, Llinshglan=erty, Labbedish,
  Derry                                     Carrigbelliduy
  Jon. Stewart Brittish                     Dunduffes, Killivaup, Minimore, Drumbarnet,
  Protesstt. by information at              Manclaint
  Duke Hamilton's Engagemt.
  Capt. John. Stewart                       Drumochell, Mondowy, Drumaghlish
  beseigr. of Derry
  Sr. John Colchoun holdeth the above pporcon of Corky as wee are informed by Patent
  first granted to Sr. Waltr. Stewart of Minto & afterwards purchased by the present pprietors
  Grandfather Sr Alexr. Colchoun to him & his successors forever.
  Robt. Galbraith gent & his brother Mr. Humphrey claimeth the Quartr land of Gortmore as
  Exrs. to their brother James Galbraith who purchased the same as a freehold to him
  & his successors for ever from the pprietor.
  John Stewart Esqr. holdeth the above pporcon by Patent (as wee are informed) to him
  & his successors forever.
  Jon. Stewart gent holdeth ye Quartr. of Drumaghell & a pcell of Drumbarnet being pt.
  of ye pmisses to him & his heires (as a freehold) forever.
  Anthony Kenedy gent holdeth ye Quarter land of Moncloynt being also pt of ye pmisses in
  fee farme to him & his heires forever.
  Stephen Marshall holdeth also one Balliboe of Minmmore by Deed of Morgage being
  part of the pmisses.
      Parish of Leecke
   Name of Proprietors               Denomination of Land
   Wm. Basil Esqr. English           Drumadach, Roseracke, Drumor, Drumeny,        
   Ptestant.                         Listellan, Lurgy, Tamniviny, Aghlihard, Machraboy,
                                     Drumachell & Lurgy
   Wm. Basil Esqr. Atturney genall holdet6h ye pmisses as heire to Mr. Martin Basil deceased
   being pt. of ye 4000 Acres purchased from Robert Harrigton Esqr. to him & his successors
   forever.
   Edward Hill gent. holdeth ye two Quarters of Roseracke & Drumor as a freehold from the
   proprietor to him & his heires forever.
   Ralph Gowell holdeth the two Balliboes of Drumachell & Lurgyebrecke wch was given in
   freehold to his father & his heires & successors forever.
   
   Capn. Thomas Coach Esqr.          ffeycranagh, Colleen, Skrably, Kernakelly,
   English ptestant.                 Lismanaghan, Rayne, Letterbeg, Corr, Karragh, Crew
   Sr. Wm. Gower English             Corniglacke & Nilomasty
   Protestant.
  Capn. Thomas Coach holdeth as lawfull & imeditae heire to his father the forenamed Lands
  called by the name of the middle pporcon of Lismanaghen who held the same by Patent
  (as we are informed) to himselfe & his successors for ever.
  Richard fford holdeth the halfe Quartr. of Colleine in ffreehold for three lives Steven
  Marshall holdeth ye other halfe of Collein Quartr. by morgage.
  John Smith holdeth ye two Balliboes & a halfe of Crew in fee farme for sixty years.
  Sr. "Wm. Gower holdeth ye premisses by patent (as wee are informed).
    Parish of Stranorlan
   Name of Proprietor                 Denomination of Land
   Wm. Basill Esqr. English           Cregan, Crogh o Moyne, Monoghen & Castle,
   Protest.                           Corky, Castle Gore, Liskearan, capry & Corochy
   The foresd Wm. Basill holdeth the pmisses by Inheritance being pt. of 4000 Acres
   purchased by Martin Basil Esqr. from Robt. Harrington Esqr.
   Thomas Dutton Gent holdeth ye Quartr, of Monaghan & Castle Corky as a freehold from
   the pprietor hi himselfe & successors forever.
   Thomas Carter gent. holdeth the Trean of Castle goore as a freehold from the pprietr.
   to hi & his successors forever.
   The Coheires of Mr. Petr. Benson    Stranorlan, Dunqylie, Letter mc Canan, Tercallen,
   English Protestant                  Trayne OMollen
   The aforesd Coheires of Peter Benson (viz) Margret Pateshall (als Benson) Elizabeth
   Becke (als Benson) & Peter, Paul, Basill & Margret Benson children to the sd widow
   Pateshall hold the pmisses as Coheires to the sd Peter Benson who held the same
   by Patent.
   Richard Roper hath a freehold of the pmisses called Navar cont 105 acres.
   Edwin Babington gent. holdeth the freehold of the foure sechocks of Trayen O Mollen
   Quarter as heiree to Mr. Richard Babbington his father.
   Andrew Leiper holdeth two Acres of Land in the Quarter of Stranorlan as a freehold likewise.
   Sr. Paul Davis knt. English         Corlecky, Carrickgarrow, Galvelly, Shiroy, 
   Protestant                          Altinapeast, Bellikergan, Leater 
   Sr. Paul Davis knt. holdeth the above sd lands by Patent (as we are credibly informed )
   to him & his successors forever.
   George Newton holdeth the Trean of Altinapeast being pt of the sd pporcon in ffreehold
   to him & his successors forever, and now is in the possession of Thomas Dutton, gent.
   The Widow of David Payne holdes the Trean of Mongrave being pt also of the sd pporcon
   in freehold to the heires of the sd David Paine forev.
      Parrish of Donnoghmore
   Name of Proprietor                  Donomination of Land
   Mr. Jon. Kingsmale English          Manour of Castlefin, Balliarroll & Ballinecor,
   Ptestant                            Ballibun, Leiebaly Castle, Drumbane, Maghriagh
   Andrew hamilton Esqr. Brittish      Carnoan, Cavan, & the foure Ceshocks of 
   ptestant Beseiger of Derry          Mullinafeny, Carran
   Mr. Jon. Kingsmale holdeth the above menconed lands by Inheritance from Sr. John
   Kingsmale who held the same by patent (as we are infomred) to him & his heires forever.
   Andrew Hamilton Esqr. holdeth ye pmisses by Inheritance from his Uncle Sr. John Wilson
   & his brother Andrew Wilson wch they held by patent to themselves & heires forever.
   Mr. Ralph Mansfeild brittish        Killegurdon, Canemanagh, Laghtekirlan, foure
   ptestant                            Sehocks ooourer ffin
   The Coheires of Mr. Benson          Endenmore, nine Seshocks of Nevny.
   English ptestt.
   Wm. Basill Esqr. English            Newny
   ptestt. 
   
   Mr. Ralph Mansfeild holdeth ye pmisses being 3 Qrs. & foure Ceshocks by Inheritance from
   his father, who held the same by patent (as wee are informed) to him & his successors
   forev.
   Mr. Thos. ffairefax gent. holdeth ye halfe Qr. of Laghtekirlan being pt. of the sd.
   Lands in freehold from ye sd Mr. Mansfeilds prdeccessrs. to him & his heries forev.
   Mrs. Anne Poe holdeth a seshock of ye Qr. land of Killigurlan cont. thirty five acres,
   being pt of ye sd Mr. Mansfeilds land in freehold to her & her successors forev.
   The aforesd Coheires of Mr. Benson hold th'above menconed lands from ye sd Mr. Benson
   being pt of 1500 Acres held by patent ot him & his successrs. forev.
   Uriah Babington gent holdeth ye six ceshocks of Newny being pt of the prmisses in
   freehold as heire to his father, Eldright Babington who had ye same from Petr.
   Benson to him & his heires forever.
   Wm. Basil Esqr. Atturney genll. holdeth ye forsd lands by Inheritance being pt of the
   4000 acres by Martin Basill his pdecessrs from Robt. Harrington Esqr. who held the same
   by patent to him & his successors forev.
     Parish of Lifford
   Name of Proprietor                   Denomination of Land
   Wm. Hansard Esqr.                    Lifford Mannr.
   Rich Perkins Esqr. & Owen            Lifford Corporacon, Croghan, Shanan, Drumleen
   Winn Esqr. in behalfe of the
   Chidlren of Capn. James Hamilton
   English ptestants
   Richard Perkins Esqr. English        fort of Lifford & Stramore
   Protestant
   Andrew Hamilton Esqr. Brittish       Argery
   ptestant
   Richard Perkins Esqr. & Wm. Hansard Esqr. hld ye aforesd pporcon of Lifford from Sr.
   Richard Hansard deceased who held the same by patent (as is informed) to him & his
   successors forev.
   Owen Winn Esqr. claimes in behalfe of ye children of Capn. Jas. Hamilton the two
   pts of the Lop : of Lifford, being forty-foure Seshocks & two thirds of a Seshock being
   pt of ye Quartrs of ARgery, Monyn, Croghan & Drumleen.
   Capn. Robt. Morgan claimeth the eight seshocks of Drumleen as a freehold puchased
   from Wm. Hansard aforesd.
   In the Corporacon of Lifford are twenty five freeholds each of them of a house &
   Garden plot, two Acres of Land & three Cowes grazing in the Comon of Liffored by deed
   from Sr. Richard Hansard.
   In ye foresd proporcon are also foureteen Copy holds each of ym. for a house &
   garden plot, two acres of Land & three Cowes grazing in ye sd Comon of Lifford.
   Mr. Richard Applen claimeth the seshock of Morlagh wth in ye sd pporcon as a freehold
   to him & his heires forev as also the seshock of Munisribagh as a Leasehold for ye
   tearme of forty one yeares.
   Richard Perkins Esqr. claimes ye ffort of Lifford & the land belonging thereto (viz)
   Stramore by purchase from Sr. Thomas Dutton.
   Andrew Hamilton Esqr. holdeth the foresd Quartr of land by Inheritance being pt of the 
   Estate belonging to his pdecessrs.
   The Coheires of Sr. Richard Hansard claime the sd. Qr. land as a freehold purchased from
   ye sd Andrew Hamiltons pdecessrs by ye sd Sr. Richard Hansard to him & his successors
   forever.
   John Kingsmale Esqr. English        Monyn
   ptestant.  
   The Lord ffolliot English           Manistr, Kilfoghr
   ptestant.
   John Kingsmale Esqr. holdeth the foresd Qr land of Monyn by Inheritance being a pt
   of ye Estate (as wee are informed) formly belonging to his Uncle Sr. John Kingsmale.
   The Exrs of Sr. Richard Hansard claimeth the foresd Quartr of land as a deed of
   purchase to the sd Richard & his heires forever.
   John Keyes claimeth one seshock of the sd Qr. land with a house & Garden plot in
   Ballendrait as Assigned to Rogr. Tasker who held y same in freehold from ye sd Sr. Richard.
   John Portr claimes one seshock of ye sd Qr. with a house & Garden plot in Ballendrait 
   being given him by his father in law Roger Tasker as a porcon with his wife, it being 
   purchased by him from Thomas fflood who held the name in freehold from the sd Sr. 
   Richard.
   Richard Keyes claimeth one seshock of ye foresd Qr. with a house & Garden plot in
   Ballendrait in ffee farme being lawfull heire to his father George Keyes who
   puchased ye same from Richard Lee ye first freeholdr fro ye sd Sr. Richard.
   Lydia Hampton relict of Edward Hampton claimes one seshock & an halfe of the sd 
   Quartr as a freehold from Sr. Richard Hansard.
   Robt. son to Robt. Dobson claimes one seshock of ye foresd Qr. as freehold
   from Sr. Richard Hansard.
   Jane the relict of Wm. Hill claimes one halfe seshock of the foresd Qr with a house
   & Garden plot in Ballendrait, purchased by Wm. Hill from Archibald Johnston & William
   Hudson who held the same in freehold from Sr. Richard Hansard.
    Church land in the Barony of Raphoe
        Parish of Raphoe
    Name of Proprietor                 Denomination of Land
    Mr. Archibald Sproule Brittish     Boggach, Stranelachan, 
    ptestant
    Robt. Buchanan Brittish ptestt.    Blen mc Quin & Cullachybeg
    Mr. Archibald Sproule holdeth the pmisees by purchase from his brother Mr. Robt. Sproule
    & Alexr. Innes, wch they held by deed of Indenture now in being from Dr. Jon. Lesly
    then Bp. of Rapho for ye space of sixty yeares comencing 14th July 1634 at ye yearely
    rent of 10li.
    Mr. Robt. Buchanan gent holdeth ye pmisses by ye like deed of Indenture for ye space of
    sixty yeares comencing 14th July 1634.
    The heires of Jon. Lesly gent.     Tullideveny, Aghkeragh, Muntertiny, Mongory,
    deceased, brittish ptestts.        Gortneske, Gortmcglinn, Gortneseleghlan, Litroch &
    minors                             Machereboy
    Alexr. Coninghams Exrs.            Dunclock Parke a Tenemt house & Garden &
    brittish protestants               Orchard in Rapho
    Wm. & George Coningham wch         Kiltowell, fferncanaghy, 13 acres, foure cowes
    George was at Worcestr fight.      grazing & a house & Garden plot in Rapho
    ffrancis Guthry Esqr. Brittish
    Protestant
   The heires of Jon. Lesly hodleth the pmisses by a deed of Indenture from Dr. Jon.
   Lesly for the space of sixty yeares comencing 14th July 1634 at ye rent as in ye mgent.
   The Exrs. of Alexr. Coningham holdeth ye pmisses by like deed of Indenture now in being
   for the space of fifty seven yeares comencing the first of ffebruary 1636 at ye rent as
   in the mgent.
   ffrancis Guthry Esqr. holdeth ye pmisses by ye like deed of Indenture of Leases now in 
   being for the space of fifty eight yeares the one of them comencing 8th of April 1636
   & th'other for sixty yeares comencing 14th of July 1634 at the rent as in the Margent.
    The heires of Jon. Knox brittish    Asmoyan
    ptestt. (viz) Jon. Nisbet
    John Nisbet Brittish ptestt.        Glen mc quin
    Abbetr of ye Leagr. of Derry
    Robt. Barclay Brittish              ffiggart
    Protestt.
    George Knox brittish                Drumcheen, Lachtemanin, & a Gort & some
    ptesstt.  pvost Marshall at         houses in Rapho
    ye Leaguer of Derry
    Andrew Hamilton Esqr. Brittish      The twelve Gorts
    ptest. beseigr. of Derry
    The Exrs. of John Knox holdeth ye pmisses by Indenture of Lease from Dr. Jon. Lesly
    then bp. of Rapho for sixty yeares comencing 11th July 1634 at ye rent as in the mgent.
    Jon. Nisbet holdeth ye pmissess by like deed of Indenture for fifty eight yeares
    comencing ye first of August 1635 at ye rent as in the mgent.
    Robt. Barkly holdeth ye pmisses by ye like deed of Indenture for fifty eight yeares
    comencing the first day of November 1635 at the rent as in the mgent.
    George Knox holdeth the pmisses by the like deed of Indenture for fifty eight yeares
    comencing the first day of Novembr 1653, at the rent as in Margent.
    Andrew Hamilton Esqr. as herie of Andrew Wilson Esqr. holdeth the pmiesses by the Like 
    Deed of Indenture for fifty eight yeares comencing 2d day of ffebruary 1635 at the rent
    as in the Margent.
    Daniel Ker brittish                 [none named]
    ptestt.
    Mr Bumbery English                  Belliholy
    ptestant
    Jon. Sharpe English                 Gortnequigly
    ptestant.
    The Exrs. of John Lesly             Diffles
    brittish Protestant.
    Hanibal Patterson                   Shanagh
    brittish ptestant
   Daniel Ker holdeth ye pmisses by Indenture of Lease from Dr. Jon. Lesly then Bp. of
   Raphoe for the terme of fifty eight yeares comencing ye first of fbr 1635 at ye rent in
   the mgent.
   Mr. Bumbery holdeth ye pmisss by the like deed of Indenture, granted to Mr. Mansfeild
   his father in law for ye  space of fifty eight yeares, comencing the first day of May 1635
   at ye rent as in ye mgent.
   John Sharpe holdeth the pmisses by the like deed of Indenture for ye terme of 
   fifty eight years comencing the first of Novemb 1635 at ye rent of 6li as in the mgent.
   The Exrs. of Jon. Lesly ye younger of Raphoe holdeth the pmisses by ye like deed
   of Indenture for ye terme of fifty eight yeares from ye first of fbr 1635 at ye rent 
   as in the mgent.
   Hanibal Patterson holdeth ye pmisses by ye like deed of Indenture for ye apace of
   sixty yeares comencing the 14th day of July 1634 at ye rent as in ye mgent.
   John Hamilton Brittish              Machrislolus
   ptestant beseigr of Derry
   Jon. Wily Brittish Protestant       Cesnecullen
   Mr. Humphrey Leigh Minister         Beltany
   engl Protestant
   Doctor John Lesly Brittish          Culladerry, Machrichan, Machreboy & Machricar
   Protestant
   Robt Hamilton gent holdeth ye pmisses by Indenture of Lease from Dr. John Lesly the Bp. 
   of Rapho for ye terme of fifty eight yeares comencing the 2d of ffebruary 1635 at ye
   rent as in ye mgent.
   Jon. Wyly holdeth ye pmisses by Lease from Dr. Jon. Lesly then Bp. of Raphoe
   for the terme of fifty eight yearres comencing the fist of fbr 1635 at ye rent
   as in the margent.
   Mr. Leigh holdeth ye pmisses by orde from ye Comrs. of ye Revenew for one yeare at the rent
   afresd but in Ann 1640 it paid 32 li with Dutyes, but through Poverty of ye people
   being like to bee wast it was sett to Mr. Leigh aforesd.
   Doctor John Lesly holdeth ye pmisses by ordr from ye Comrs. of ye Comonwealth &
   confirmed by ye Comrs. of ye Revenew at Derry (for his maintenance) at ye rent
   aforesd in ye margent for one yeare, & soe to continue from yeare to yeare
   untill further ordr.
   John ffulton brittish ptestant.      a house & garden in Rapho
   Jon. Smith brittish ptestt.          An house & garden plot, & 3 acres of land, & 3 
                                        cowes grazing in ye Comon of Rapho
   James Ker brittish ptestant          An house & garden plot & 5 acres of land
                                        & 4 Cowes grazing
   Archibald Kyle brittish ptestant     a garden plot & Kilroome 5 acres of land
                                        & 4 Cowes grazing
   The Exrs. of Patricke McNare         An horse & garden plot, 6 acres of land &
   brittish ptestant.                   4 cowes grazing.
   George Buchanan brittish ptestant    An house & garden 4 acres of land & 4 cowes grazing
   Jas. Lesly brittish Protestant       An house & garden 6 acres of land & 4 cowes grazing
   Jon. Glasse brittish ptest           Gortgarvan
   Robt. Browne & James Dicke           six acres of land neere Rapho & 4 cowes grazing
   brittish ptestants
   Wm. Rankein brittish ptestant        An house & garden in Rapho
   Jon. Walker Brittish ptestant        An house & Garden in Rapho
   John ffulton holdeth ye pmisses by Indenture of Lease from Dr. Jon Lesly then Bp.
   of Rapho for fifty eight yeares comencing the first of fbr 1635 at the rent as in the
   mgent.
   As for ye rest above menconed of the Towne of Rapho wee finde they are in possession 
   of ye pmisses, & have noe deeds of Indenture in regard that their povty could not passe
   Indentures upon their sevall small holdings, but did intend to draw up one Indenture 
   for all but being deferred from time to time until the rebellion brake forth, soe yt
   they have for their holdings onely minuts of their condicons of the pticulars before
   menconed.
      Parish of Lifford
    Name of Proprietor                 Denomination of Land
   Richard Perkins English             Bellibogan
   Ptestant
   James Downame English ptestt        Clonlee
   The Coheires of Mr. Jas.            Ballilast
   Spotswood (viz) Anne &
   Elizabeth
   Richard Perkins Esqr. holdeth ye pmisses from Dr. Jon. Bromhall then Bp.: of Derry
   by lease granted to him for ------ yeares.
   James Downame Clerke holdeth the pmisses from Dr. Jon. Bromhall then Bp. of Derry as heire 
   to his brother Wm. Downame for the terme of fifty nine yeares comecing the 5t of
   March 1634 at ye rent as in ye mgent.
   The Coheires of Dr. James Spotswood hold ye pmisses (as we are informed) by a Lease
   from Dr. Jon. Bromhall then Bp. of Derry made to him for the tearme of ---- yeares
   comencing the --- day of ---- 1634 & now in the possession of ye sd Coheires.
      Parish of Tarboyne
    Name of Proprietor                 Denomination of Land
   Dr. Jon. Lesly Brittish Protestant  Taboyne, Crosse Listekill, Church quarter
   The Admrs. of Sr. Jon. Coningham    Ballilast
   (viz) Balliachan & Robt. Boyle
   English ptestts.
   Doctr. John Lesly holdeth the pmisses by deed pf Purchase of Lease for the tearme of 
   fifty eight yeares comencing the 2d of ffebr. 1635 at the rent as in the Margent.
   The Admrs. of Sr. Jon. Coningham holdeth ye pmisses by deed of Indenture of Lease
   from Dr. Jon. Lesly then Bp. of Rapho for the terme of 58 yeares comencing the
   first of Novemb. 1635 at the rent as in the mgent.
      Parish of Ray
   Name of Proprietor                 Denomination of Land
   The Admrs. of Alexr. Gauthry       Ray
   Esqr. (viz) Dr. Jon Lesly & Mr.
   Robt Buchanan brittish ptestts.
   The Admrs. of Alexr. Guthry Esqr. holdeth the pmisses by deed of Indenture from
   Doctr. Jon. Lesly then Bp. of Rapho for the terme of 58 yeares comencing y first of
   fbr 1636 at the rent as in ye mgent.
     Parish of Lecke
   Name of Proprietor                Denomination of Land
   The heires of Sr. Wm. Simpill     Lecke
   Brittish Protestt.
   Mr. Wm. Whittaker English         Rowghan, Ballinconellan
   ptestt
   Thos. Dutton Engl. ptestant       Trumra
   James Coningham Esqr. brittish    Rosebrecan
   ptestant beseigr of Derry
   Wm. Latham Engl ptestant          Drumenagh & Tirkeneedy
   The hieres of Sr. Wm. Simpill holdeth ye pmisses from Dr. Jon. Lesly then bp. of
   Rapho by Indenture of Lease for ye space of 58 yeares comencing the first of Novemb. 1635
   at the rent as in the mgent.
   Mr. Wm. Whittaker holdeth the pmisses by the like deed of Indenture for ye space of
   59 yeares comencing ye first of May 1635 at ye rent as in ye mgent.
   Thos. Dutton holdeth ye pmisses by the like deed of Indenture for ye space of fifty
   eight years from the first of fbr 1635, at the rent as in ye megent.
   James Coningham Esqr. holdeth ye pmisses by purchase from Sr. Jon Coningham who 
   held the same by the like deed of Indenture for ye space of fifty eight yeares comencing
   the first of fbr 1635 at ye rent as in ye mgent.
   The heire of Wm. Latham Esqr. holdeth the pmisses by ye like deed of Indenture for the 
   space of fifty eight yeares comencing the first of Novemb. 1635 at the rent as in ye megent.
      Parish of Donoghmore
    Name of Proprietor                  Denomination of Land
   Mr. Jon. Kingsmale English           Croghogerran & Machrishavavaly
   Ptestant
   Mr. Thos. Fairfax Engl. ptestant     Numlagh & Carricke
   The heires of Mr. Wm. Wilson         Kilcadden
   Esqr. Engl. ptestt (viz)
   Andrew Hamilton Beseiger of Derry
   Mr. Kingsmale holdeth the pmisses by Indenture (as wee are informed) from Dr. Jon.
   Bromhall then Bp. of Derry for --- yeares comencing the --- day of 1634, at ye rent 
   as in ye mgent.
   Mr. ffairfax holdeth ye pmisses by Indenture as afresd (as we are inform'd) for ye
   space of ---- years comencing  ---- day of ---- rent as in the mgent.
   The heires of Wm. Wilson Esqr. holdeth ye pmisses by Indenture (as is alleaged) from
   Dr. Bromhall then bp : of Derry, & is now in ye possession of John Nisbit gent. at ye rent
   as in the mgent.
      Parish of Stranorlan
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Land
   Mathew Davis Engl. ptestant           Letterbreck
   Mathew Davis holdeth the pmisses by Indenture of Lease from Dr. John Lesly then
   Bp. of Rapho for the space of sixty yeares comencing the first of July 1634 rent as
   in the mgent.
      Gleabes
    Name of Proprietor                   Denomination of Land
    Parish of Donoghmore
    Mr. Wm. Warren Engl. ptestant.       eight seshocks
    Parish of Lifford
   The Incumbent for ye time being       Carneshanagh
    Parish of Ray
   The Incumbent for ye time being       Graky, Carrickbellidny, Ballilevin & Galdenach being
    Parish of Taboyne
   The Incumbent for ye time being       Bogay & Tullianan
   Doctor John Lesly Brittish            Machricorren, Ardvernock, findorke, fatheralter,
   Protestant                            Addahery, Corrideganagh, Altacaskin, Crew,
                                         Corenagh & Tempill
   The eight seshocks of the gleab of Donoghmore is held by the sd. Mr. Wm. Warren.
   Gawan Mc Connell is tent. to the Comonwealth for the Gleab of Carneshanagh.
   
     

Barony of Tirhue

  The Bounds begining at a River called Bundroiss whereuppon stands an old Castle belonging
to the Colledge wch beginns our bounds Westward wch River descends into ye sea and the sea 
bounds the Barrony Northward and Eastward till it comes to ye Barr of Ballyshanon where is
a Towne and Castle being a Corporacon belonging to ye Lord ffoliott then from the Barr
aforesaid Eastward it is bounded with the Sea untill it come to the ruined Walls of an
Old Castle called Kilbarren belonging to Mr. Francis Brassy and soe Eastward till it comes to
Donagall where stands an old Abby lately belonging to Mr. James Kennedy with a Castle
& towne called Donagall being a corporacon belonging to Capten Henry Broooke and from thence
Eastward with a river called EAske wch powres it selfe into a Logh called Easke Into wch
Logh runneth a River called Corrobber wch seperateth the Barrony Northward from ye
Barrony of Boylagh and Bannagh and boundeth ye Barrony to a Bigg Mountaine called
Bawnsmuck and striketh from thence to a Logh called Loghswillogh from wch Logh glideth
a gutter wch striketh into a Brooke wch brooke bounds ye Barrony North-Eastward 
from ye Barrony of Rapho and glideth Eastward into a Logh called Mullmorne and from thence
runneth a gutter East into a Bogg called Shascanlubanaogh belonging to Sr. William Gore and
from thence East into a Glenn called Poll-yarranbane from thence Southward thorough
a bogg to a Mountaine called Minobrock belonging to Capten Brookes from wch Mountaine
runneth a Gutter Eastward till it comes to the River of Owenbwee from thence to a Brooke
called Grenogh darrigg then Southward to a Shakeing bogg called Tullynee wch bounds
betwixt this Barrony and ye County of Tyrone then Southward from thence a gutter runeth 
to a towne called Edernagh lately belonging to James McGragh Esq' and from thence to a hill
called Tullinaloob from whence runneth a brooke to a Mountaine called Glassdromon wch
bounds ye Barrony Southward from ye county of ffermanagh and from thence south east
to a hill called Tullylarge from thence Westward into ye river of Pettigo wch River runneth 
to Logh Earne neere to wch stands a Castle lately belonging to James McGragh Esqr. into
wch Logh runneth a River called Litter and upp that river a Glenn to Bellalt from whence a 
gutter runeth to Mullinabreene and from thence to a hill called Knocknafin wch boundeth 
betwixt this Barrony and ffermanagh and spreadeth towards a brooke wch runeth to Logh 
Kinnachan out of which Logh runeth a Gutter to an old ditch & from that ditch into the 
river of Earne and upp that River Eastward to a place called Beleeke whereon is an old 
bawne belonging to ye Lord ffoliott neere wch a Gutter runeth into the River
of Earne Eastward wch boundeth this Barrony from ye county of ffermanagh & along the 
gutter Southwest to ye River of Braddock wch bounds betweene us & the province of 
Conaught westward and from there thence to a place called Pollanadinne & from thence 
to a gutter through a shakeing bogg to the river of Drowiss where wee began our bounds. 
 The nature of ye soyle in general is most parte Mountaine, Bogg and unproffitable ground.
The profitable is halfe pasture and the other halfe arrable and meadow The corn is 
altogether oates and small barley and that but very meane Corne, for wheate or rye little
or none. There is likewise att Ballyshannon a Salmon ffishing and a small Ele fishing bank 
belonging to the Lord ffoliott as likewise a small salmon ffishing uppon the River of
B...drowiss belonging to the Colledge and a Salmon fishing att Donagall belonging to
Capten Brookes.
  Parish of Enish McSaint
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Land
   Thomas Lord ffoliott                  Ogherous, Donoghmore, Knockaterry, Killerlachy,
   English Protestant                    Dunmuccrum, Crevagh, Donoghmore, Leckalastran,
                                         Camlin, Beleecke, Clonntokeer, Reglass
   
   Parish of Kilbarran
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Thomas Lord ffoliott                  Shiggis, Mullinashee, Crevaugh, Cashell, Alla,
   English Protestant                    Cillcarbareye, Legaliton, Collevollogh, Knada,
                                         Corlee, Cassall Lard, Teagh Leagh, Tubber,
                                         Garvanogh
   Parish of Drumhome
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Thomas Lord ffolliott                 Ballibagroty, Ballidermott
   English Protestantt
   George Knox                           Ballinagan vaugh
   Scottish Protestant
   Sr Willia Gowre                       Magher begg
   English Prottestantt
   Captaine Henry Brookes                The Quarter of Logheaske, Carranegunn
   Englis Prottestant
    Lands belonging to the Hierachy, Part from the Sea of Raphoe
    & part from the sea of Clogher in the Barrony of Tirhew
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   James McGragh, Irish Papist           Cullin, Petigoe, Colmore
The sessogh of Tullilarge was mortgaged by James McGraugh to John Poe for twenty-two
pounds untell ye said moneys shoulde bee repaied the morge comencing in ye yeare thirty nine.
   The heyrs of Martin Arstall           Ballinhanna (with a small salmon fishing)
   Scottish Prottestantt
The above menconed halfe Quarter of land and the ffishing are helde by the heyrs of
Martin Arstall by virtue of a leasce to him granted from the Bipp of Clogher and by the
consent of the Lord Deputie and councell for the tearme of sixty years comencing in the 
yeare one thousand six hundreade thirty and eight hee paying to the sea of Clogher
twelve pounds p. Annu for the same and is yet to expire fortey fowre years.
   Mr. ffrancis Bracy & Mr. George       Killbarran
   Knox, Eng and Scottish Protestants
The above named Quarter of Land is held by Mr. francis Bracy and Mr. George Knox by 
vertue of a leace granted to theire deceased ffathers Mr. ffrancis Bracy and Mr John Knox
from the Bipp of Rapho and by the consent of the Lord Deputy and councell for and dureeing 
the ende and tearme of sixty years comencing the seaveeteenth day of March one thousand
six hundreade thirtie fowre, they paying yearely to the sea of Raphoe for the same 
five poinds whereof of the above menconed time is to expire yet fortey yeare.
   Oute of leace and now in              Crossmore
   ye hands of ye ComonWealth
This two thirds of a balliboe formerly belonged to Mr. James Kenady deceased but
since his decease it hath bin claimed by none of his heyres or assigns.
   Mr. George Knox                        Drumhome, Leclum, Enisfadd, Berry
   Scottish Protestant
   Theise foure quarters of land above menconed are held by Mr. George Knox by vertue
of a leace granted to his deceased ffather Mr. John Knox from Bipp Knox of ye see
of Raphoe and by ye consent of ye Lord Deputy and counsell for the end and tearme of
sixty years comencing in ye yeare thirty fowre and hath yet unexpired forty years.
    

The Barony of Boylagh and Banogh

The bounds of this Barrony begineth Eastward at a Logh called Logh Easke which Logh 
shuteth southward by ye Castle of Donegall and from thence into ye sea bounding ye said
Barrony southwest West and norwest to a river called Clady which river runeth Eastward to
a Logh called Loghbarro & from thence separateth us Southeastward from the Barrony
of Raphoe, the soyle in generall is Mountaine bogg and unproffitable grounde, the corne being
altogether poore and small oats, some small barly, but neither wheate nor Rye, theare 
is likewise three small sallmond ffishings, The one at Balliwell being the meare betwixt
this barrony and Tirhugh, another at a place called Tillinee, the third a Locrus, which
ffishings belongeth to ye Earle of Anandell, onely some small parte belonging to other
proprietors as by the observacons in ye severall parishes following wil appeare, and
nothing else doo wee finde remarkable in this Barrony save only the secure harboure of
Killabeggs, and ye beneficiall herring ggishing which skirteth alonge by ye
southside of ye said Barrony.
   Parish of Killomard
   Name of Proprietor                     Denomination of Lands
   James Earle of Anandell                Logh Eiske, Lecrum, Drumruske, Dunan,
   Scottish Protestantt                   Bulliweill, Drumkeaghan, Killomard
    Parish of Enverr
   Name of Proprietor                     Donomination of Lands
   Thomas Lord ffolliott                  Granslhogh
   English Protestantt
   James Earle of Anandell                Townitallan, Cragg, Raneill, Drumchoe,
   Scottish Protestantt                   Bunglen, Lettrmore, Drumconner, Drumboerty,
                                          Caselogerry, KillmcRedon, Drumrany
   
    Parish of Killoghtey
   Name of Proprietor                     Denomination of Lands
   Thomas Lord ffolliott                  Darrary
   English Protestantt
   Captaine Henry Brooke                  Balllisaggart
   English Prottestantt
   James Earle of Anandall                Dromrony, Duncanally, Raughen, Carigross,
   Scottish Protestantt                   Achen, Balliloghen, Straranny, Ballimadonell
    Parish of Killbeggs
   Name of Proprietor                     Denomination of Lands
   James Earle of Anandall                All townlands in the parish
   Scottish Protestantt
    Parish of Killkare
   Name of Proprietor                     Denomination of Lands
   James Earle of Annanadall              All townlands in the parish
   Scottish Prottestantt
   Parish of Inshkeill
   Name of Proprietor                     Denomination of Lands
   James Earle of Anandall                All townlands in the parish
   Scottish Protestantt
   Parrish of Templecron
   Name of Proprietor                     Denomination of Lands
   James Earle of Anandall                All townlands in the parish
   Scottish Protestantt
    Lands belonging to the Hierarchy in the Sea of Raphoe
    & Barrony of Boylogh & Banogh
   Bipps Lands in the Parrish of Enverr
   Name of Proprietor                     Denomination of Lands
   William Noble Lesee                    Enver
The halfe quart of land above menconed is held by Mr. William Noble, by vertue of a leace
from ye sea of Raphoe, for the yearly rent of twelve pounds sterling which leace comenced
in ye yeare 1634.  for and dureing the end and tearme of sixty years, and is yett to
expire, forty years, and is possesst at present in the right of Mr. William Noble, by
Alexander Mongomery, and ffrancis Heyrres, and paieth at pressent nine poinds tenn
shillings.
   
   Bipps land in the parish of Killoghtey
   Name of Proprietor                      Denomination of Lands
   John Smith Leasee                       Kilaughtey
This halfe quart of land above menconed is held by leace by John Smith, & paid yearly to
ye sea of Raphoe for the same, six pownds str which leace did, comence ye seccond day of
ffebruary, on thowsand six hundread thirty fowre & that for ye end and tearme of fifty
eight years, as by ye said John Smith of Boylstone his leace may apeare more largely, &
now at present possessed by Alexander Mongomery, in right of Katherine Smith grand childe 
unto ye afore said Jno Smith of Boylestone, in this parrish is a church called Killaghty
in reparacon upon ye said hafle quart of land.
    Bipps lands in the Parrish of Killbeggs
   Name of Proprietor                       Denomination of Lands
   Archibald Askins Daughtrs                Killbeggs
   Leases one whereof marid to 
   Livett Richardson a Beseeger
   of Derry
 The fourteene Ballibose above said are held in leace by Mr. Archiballd Askin from ye sea
of Raphoe as at large is expressed in ye observacons of Glancolmkill parish.
   Edward Griffin Lease                     Killrean
This quarter of land above menconed is held by Edward Griffith by vertue of a leace from ye
sea of Raphoe for the tearme of fifty eight years comencing the second day of ffebruary
one thousand six hundread thirty...hee paying yearly for the same six pownds sterl.
   Bipps lands in the Parrish of Killcare
   Name of Proprietor                       Denomination of Lands
   Edward Griffin                           Killcare
This halfe quart of land above menconed is held by Edward Griffith from the Sea of Raphoe
for ye tearme of ffifty eight years comencing the second day of ffebruary one thowsand
six hundread thirty and six, paying yearly to ye sea of Raphoe for the same three pounds.
   Edward Griffin                           Shamogh & Straleill
This halfe quart of land above menconed is held by Edward Griffin ffrom the Sea of Raphoe
for the tearme of thirty & one years comecing the second day of ffebruary one thowsand six 
hundread thirty and six, paying yearly to the Sea of Raphoe for the same twentie two 
shillings six pence str.
    Bipps Land in the Parrish of Glancollmekill
   Name of Proprietor                       Denomination of Lands
   The Heyrs of Arch Askin                  Glencollmekill
   Leasees one whereof was married
   to Livett Richardson a beseeger
   of Derry
The above menconed five quarts of land weare held by Leace by Mr Archballd Askin of Aughor, 
Clerck, deacesed ffrom the Sea of Raphoe confirmed by Dean and Chapter, which leace did
comence the fourteenth day of Jully in ye ffowrteenth yeare of ye Raighne for the tearme
and space of ffifty six years as likewise the fowrteene Ballibose of Bipp Land in the Parrish
of Killbeggs for the like tearme of years, included in the said lease for the yearly rent of
ninty six pounds sterl a part of ye said five quarts & fourteen Ballibose being not inhabited 
the remainder payeth now Twenty five pownds strl.
    Bipps Lands in the Parrish of Templecron
   Name of Proprietor                        Denomination of Lands
   The Heyrs of Arch Askin Leasees one       Templecron
   whereof was married to Livett
   Richardson a beseeger of Derry
The above menconed halfe quartr of land was held by Mr. Archiballd Arskin, Clercke,
deceased, whoe leased and paid therefore yearly unto the sea of Raphoe, five pownds sterl
as by his Leace may appeare, being for the same tearme of years, as Glencollmekill, and
Killibeggs are, and now wast.
    Bipps Lands in the Parrish of Inshkeill
   Name of Proprietor                        Denomination of Lands
   ffrancis Guttery Leasee                   Inshkeill
   Scottish Protestantt
The Island of Inshkeill .... were held by Allexander Guttery Esqr. for the tearme of
ffiffty nine years, or thereby; whereof some ighteene or twenty are expired, or thereaboute, 
as by his Leace may apeare In this land abovesaid is a Bawne, and one old Ruinous house, 
in the halfe quartr of Kildoruse, within a fresh water logh, in a small Island, And in this
island is an old ruinouus Church, called Inshkeill, upon the half quartr of the Island
of Inshkeill, Environed with the sea, which is passable unto itt at loe water, one
foote one the dry strand.
    Bipps Lands in Capella of LitterMcAward
   Name of Proprietor                        Denomination of Lands
   Andrew Simple, Leasee                     Litter mc Anuard
   Scottish Prottestantt
The above menconed fowre quartrs of land, weare held in leace, by Andrew Simple, from the 
Sea of Raphoe, confirmed by Deane & Chapters, for the end and Tearme of sixty years, or 
there abouts, and now in the Managementt of Livett Jno Coningham, of the which Leace 
some eighteene eighteene or twenty years are expired, Presentt tenant to the same is
Gorry Ward and his partners, and payeth now sixteene pownds, and likewise paide by his
leace unto the Sea of Raphoe, seaventeene pownds str.
    Gleabe Lands in the Barrony of Boylogh & Bannogh
    Parrish of Killomard
   Name of Proprietor                        Denomination of Lands
   Now possesst by Ancientt William Layton   Drumkeaghan
   as ye Tenant to ye state
 
   Parrish of Enverr
   Name of Proprietor                        Denomination of Lands
   In the possession of Mr. Wm               Killomard
   Watson Incumbentt
    Parrish of Killbeggs
   Name of Proprietor                        Denomination of Lands
   Possest by Mr. Robert Lindsay             Monargan & Cornecard
   Incumbent
   Parrish of Templecron
   Name of Proprietor                        Denomination of Lands
   In the possession of Livett               Mahe Termontt
   Thomas Moncrieff cum sociis
    Parrish of Killcare
   Name of Proprietor                         Denomination of Lands
   Possest by Mr. Rob Lindsy                  Boggogh
   Incumbentt
   

The Barony of Kilmacrenan

  The said Barrony of KillmcCrenan Lyeth bounded on the East with the River of Loughswiily,
on the West wth the River of Gidore and the Barrony of Boylagh and Banagh, on the South
with the River of Swolly and Barrony of Rapho.  And on the North with the sea.  The Soyle
wereof is generally Mountainous, Boggy and Rocky wth many Loughs and Wayes hardly
pasable; The Rivers of Lennan, Swolly, Belluba, Oincharry, Caooliaber, Glenna,
Cladie and Ballins, wth severall other Rivelletts running through the same.  The Hills of
Mucknish, Knockalloway, Argill, Aghalick, Lough Salt, Macoght, and the Largick, wth
severall others of such heights, and so unaccessible that there is no use thereof made,
are therin.  The said Barrony containeth the following Parishes (vizt).
  The Parish of Conwall
The said pish is bounded on the East wth the parish of Aghnunshen, on the Sowth wth the
Barrony of Rapho, part of wch parish lyeth wthin the said Barrony Divided by the River of
Swolly, on the West the pish of Gartan, and on the North wth ye parish of KillmcCrenan.  The
Soyle whereof is Generally Rough and Mountainous, wth seaverall boggs and smale shrubby
woods, And there is therein a Towne called Litterkenny wch hath a Markett every ffryday,
and two faires in the yeare wth a Larg dwelling Stone house haveing a Bawne of fower 
flackers a fair Church And a bridg at the End of the sd. towne over the sd. River of
Swolly.  Being an inlett to the said Barrony of Rapho, the River of Lennan Glydeth 
through pte of this parish As it falleth out of Loughreagh towards the parish of
Killmccrennan The pticullar Quarter thereof followeth (Vizt):
   Parish of Conwall
   Name of Proprietors                  Denomination of Lands
   Thomas Stewart, Scotts               Ards, Brechy, Cornisk, Buragh
   protestant Beseidger of Derry
   Robt. Eweing and Gilbert             Ballirehan
   McIlwee, Scotts Protestants
   Henry Broooke Esqr.                  Drumcaveny als Cuiltog, Cabrey
   English protestant
The above said two quarters of land belonging to Thomas Stewart Esqr. were left unto [   ]
by Will and Testamt of his father Sr. William Stewart deceased.
   Henry Brooke Esqr.                   Drumore, Cloncarny, Carrick, Tryentagh
   English Protestant
   John Kinsmill Esqr.                   Gortneverne
   English Protestant
   The sd. John Kingsmill Esqr.         Bowhirrill
   Henry Wray, Minor and Elizabeth      Lissnenan
   his Mother English Protestant
   The said Henry Wray and Elizabeth    Ilistrin and Drumen, Coolbuy
   his mother
   Charles Hamilton Esqr.               Gortlee
   Scotts Protest.
   The sd. Charles Hamilton             Letterkenny
   The sd. Charles Hamilton             Glencorr
   Sr. Wm. Gore, Bartt                  Cray, Seccor, Killpeik, Drummenan
   English Protestant
   Richard Perkins Esqr.                Glenkiragh, Dirora
   English Protestant
   Charles Hamilton Esqr.               Carnemoragh, Killolasty, Sallaghagrean,
   Scotts protest                       Satkernagh, Kilog
    Parish of Aghenunshen
   Name of Proprietor                   Denomation of Lands
   John Kingsmill Esqr.                 Ballimolely, Eaghterosh
   English Protestant
   Henry Wray, Minor and                Lisstaneere, Bogay, Eaghterosh, Carnegill,
   Elizabeth his Mother
   English protestant
   Charles Hamilton Esqr.               Magherigenan
   Scotts protestant
The above said Quarter of Ballymoley and seaven Ballibores of Eaghterosh belonging to
Mr. Kinsmill... And there is a fower of the Balliboes Eaghterash claimed by James Erskin 
Esqr. in behalfe of Henry Wray Minor sone to Henry Wray deceased English protestant.
    Parish of Gartan
   Name of Proprietor                   Denomination of Lands
   Sr. William Gore, Barronett          Glendone, Deriveagh
   English Protestant
   Charles Hamilton Esqr.               Carowfurt, Cardoroagh
   Scotts protest.
   Sr. Wm. Gore, Barronett              BallmcQuein
   English Protestant
The above halfe quarter called bellimcqueen doeth belong to Sr. Wm. Gore dureing the life
of Honora Bourke Irish Papist, And afterwards the same comes to the said Charles Hamilton 
Esqr. protestant.
    Parish of Killmccrenan
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   The Provost fellows and               Belliherein, Drumneboden, Barnes ffanne,
   Schollers of the Colledg              Stragredie, Gouldrume, Correin, Tiragus,
   of Dublin protestant                  Clonkilly, Cotten, Ross, Killconell,
                                         Tamenagh, Balligannon, Carewnegananagh, 
                                         Carewnesale, Ballyscanlan, Golan, 
                                         Gortmccaelbegg, Gortmccaelmore, 
                                         Carewnekilly, Coole, Carmeny, Cranford,
                                         Drumoghill
   The Coheires of Captn. John           Killogh, Carror, Cashill
   Sandford, deceased, Protests
   Except Mullruny O'Kerrole who
   one of them and an Irish Papist
   Henry Brooke Esqr.                    Cunaghan als Castlegay
   English Protestant
   Charles Hamilton Esqr.                Killedezert
   Scotts protestant
   Widdow Chichester the Relict of       Lagnahowrey, Sockery Radonnell, Carcarow 
   Charles Chichester Esqr. deceased
   English Protestant
   John Kinsmill Esqr.                   Ray and Litter
   English Protestant
    Parish of Aghneish
The said parish lyeth bounded on the East and Sowth wth Loughswilly, on the West wth the 
parish of Aghenunshen, on the North wth the parish of Tully, the soyle, whereof is
generally Rough and Mountainous, Except some places next to ye sea, wch are plainer, there is
therein a Village called Rameltan wth a Church and a Burnt Castle, there is therein a
Bawne called fforth Stewart, And an Old Abbley called Killidonnell, And the sd parish
is parte of it Devided by the River of Lennan, as it falleth into the Rover of Loughswilly, 
On wch parte there is an old Earth fforth, And a Little Stone house some tyme
belonging to Walter McSwyne, now possessed by Sr. Robert Hanna Knyt in Costodium, the
severall Quarters thereof foloweth vizt.
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
  Thomas Stewart Esqr.                   Rameltan
  Scotts Protestantt 
  beseidger of Derry  
 
  Henry Brook Esqr.                      Killidonnell, Carrigaalte, Kilicreen,
  English Protestant
  John Kingsmill Esqr.                   Castleshanaghan
  English Protestant
  Sr. Wm. Stewart, Minor                 Ballilinmore
  and the Ladie Kathrin his
  Mother Scotts protestants
  The said Sr. Wm. Stewart               Clanleery
  with his Mother
The above said halfe Quarter of Castleshanaghan is bounded on the East and West wth the
Quarter of Castlshanaghan, North with Buragh, Sowth with Bllimolely, Ballimore aforesd
belonging to Sr. William Stewart Minor whose ffather was beseidger of Derry...
  Sr. Wm. Stewart, Minor and             Castleshanaghan (pt), Ardrumond, Carrow Cashill, 
  his Mother the Ladie Kathrin           Croghen, Gortevay, Ballilinbeg
  protestant
The above said Lands belonging to Sr. Wm. Stewart Nimor and his said Mother, whose late 
Husband Allexander Stewart was a Beseidger of Derry...
    Parish of Tully
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
  Richard Perkins Esqr.                  Duntrumen, Tarkery, Clonkein
  English Protestant
  The Provost fellowes &                 Gortaverne, Tirehomine, Garrowgart, Claggin,
  Schollers of the Colledg               Drumbarron, Ardikilly
  of Dublin, Protestants
  The Coheires of James Hamilton Esqr.   Cratullagh
  Deceased Scotts Protestant
The above said Quarter Land of Cratullagh, belonging to the Coheires of James Hamilton
Esqr. deceased Scott Protestant, who was upon Duke Hamiltons Ingagemt, and since came
in on the Articles of Enishkillin, is bounded on the East with Dunlein, West with
Kinibire, North with Knocklean, And Sowth wth Gollan.
  Thomas Stewart Esqr. Scotts            Carrocuilt, Gortcally, Kairne, Clounly,
  Protestant beseidger of Derry          Glenmore, Glenbeg, Drumonaghan, Downemore
  Henry Wray, Minor, English             Rany
  Protestant
  Edward Rowly deceased                  ffanonoghill, Lagmcaduffe, Aghnursin, Kilbarren
  held the sd land in ye yeare 1641.
  And is now held by Robert Blair
  Espouse to ye Relict of the sd Edward 
  Rowly in Right of his wife during
  her life, Scotts protestant,
  And John Rowly, heire of the sd
  Land, English Protestant
  John Cunyngham                         Balligay
  Scotts Protestant
The above said Quarter Land called Ranny, belonging to Henry Wray Minor and Elizabeth
Wray als Erskin relict of Henry Wray deceased English Protestant..
The above sd quarter land of Belligay, belonging to John Cunyngham of Tully Scotts
protestant, by Mortgage from Irwin McSwyne irish Papist...
  John Kinsmill Esqr.                    Balllyares
  English Protestant
    Parish of Killgarvan
The said parish is bounded on the East and Sowth with the Riber of Loughswilly, on the
West wth ye parish of Tully and Aghneish, on the North wth the Parish of Clandavadock,
the soyle thereof is generally mountainous Rocky, and some little shrubby woods.
There is an Ancient Church call called Killgarvan, and an old Ruined Abbay with a
little village called Rathmullen, the severall qrter halfe quarters and belliboes
followeth (vizt).
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Andrew Knox Esqr.                     Rathmullen, Crevery, Killgarvan, Belliallaghan, 
   Scotts Protestant                     Glencross, Dumhallagh
   beseidgr of Derry
The above said quarter Land call Drumhallagh is held by the said Andrew Knox, Esqr. by
Mortgag from Torlagh og McSwyne (Irish Papist) befor the Rebellion...
    Parish of Clandevadock
The said parish is bounded on the East wth the River of Loughswilly, on the West wth the
Parish of Tully, on the Sowth wth the parish of Killgarvan, on the North wth the Lough
of Mullroy.  The soyle whereof is generally moutainous and Rockey, wth severall
Loughes and standing pooles, parte is in a manner of Pen Insulla, surrounded wth the
Lough Mullroy.  And therein standeth an little old Pile of Stone called Moyross
Castle, wth a Church and a little Bawne some tyme belongeing to Donell Gorm McSwyne, And
an Island called Downmcfracky wch in tyme of Warr was made use of by the Natives for
strenth, being naturally fortified.  The seaverall Quarters halfe Quarters and Belliboes 
thereof foloweth Vizt.
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   James McSwyne Irish                   Coulderry als Magheridrumon
   p'testant
   Richard Perkins Esqr.                 BelliclanmcCallen
   English Protestant
   The Provost and fellowes of           Tullindally
   the Colledg of Dublin Protestants.
The above said Quarter of Land called Coulderry als Magheridrumon belonging to James
McSwyn Irish Protestant by mortgage from Mullmurry og McMullmurry Duff McSwyne, wch the
sd James McSwyne was in possession off in the year 1641.
   William Lyne & David Lyne             Bunintyne, Largebreake, Carrowreagh
   Scotts Protestants
   Edward Rowly Deceased                 BallymcStocker, Craveross, Ballimcgaraghty,
   John Rowly aparent heire of the       Magheriwarden
   sd Land English Protestants
   Thomas Stewart Esqr. claimeth the     Carlan, Bellimcgowan, Knockbreake, Carran,
   sd Lands by Will and Testamt. of      Drumfad
   his ffather Sr Wm. Stewart Scotts
   Protest; a beseidger of Derry
The above fower quarters of Land called BellimcStocker &c. belonging to John Rowly aparent
heire to the above sd Edward Rowly deceased, Yet in the possession of Robt. Blaire Scotts 
Protestant Espouse to the relict of the sd Edward Rowly in right of his wife dureing her
life...
   Wm. Patton Clke deceased               Croghen
   possessed by his relict Scotts
   Protestant
   Patrick Campbell Scotts                Magheryhubert, Bllmcgagby, Moyross
   Protestant
   Colyn Campbell Scotts                  Moyross (pt), Belliherinmore, Belliherinbegg
   Protestant
   Luke Ashe English Protestant           Ballibhurke
   Donnell og McSwyne Irish               Leddan
   Protestant
   Mary Ni Swyn Irish Protestant          Gortnathra
    Parish of Mevagh
The said parish is bounded on the East wth the River of Mulroy, on the West wth the
Riber of Doe, on the South wth the parish of KillmcCrenan, And on the North wth the
Ocean Sea.  The Soyle whereof is generally plaine wth many little sandy hills,
some Rocks heathy Mosse and Boggs, wth the Loughes, Loughnamealltagh and
Loughnabradden, on the West of the parish Loughdrum, and Loughglanree in the midst
thereof.  And Loughknocke on the North, And there is a large dwelling howse of Stone
called Drim, built in manner of a Strength, wch was burnt in the Late Warr.  The severall
quarters thereof &c. followeth (vizt).
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Thomas Dutton Esqr. Minor                Bellioghagan, Umlagh, Glensho, Glengillgrany,
   English Protestant                       Glenmanagh, Glenereragh, Drim, Magherimagaverigan,
                                            Kill
The above said Eight halfe quarters of Land belonging to Thomas Dutton Minor sone and
heire to Ralph Dutton, Deceased English Protestant....
   The Coheires of James Hamilton Esqr.      Magheriarvie, Maghericullen, Dowagh, 
   decesed, who was uppon Duke Hamiltons     Dundowan, Diveland, Raveross, Aghallettive,
   Ingagemt. And cince came in on the        Tirelaghin, figert, Elendebray and Carrick,
   Articles of Enishkillin Scotts Protestant Magherylosky, ffrowgh, Magherybui, Largareagh,
                                             Downing, Dirricassan, Mellmore, Tullagh
   The Coheires of Captn. John Sanford       Creeve, Aghedecor, Cowell, Glanree, ffynvore,
   deceased protestants, Except Mullruny     Drunmore
   O'Kerrall who one of them & an Irish 
   Papist
   
    Parish of Clandehurka
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   The Coheries of Captne John           Seedrum, Magheriroerty, Crusallagh, Roffadd,
   Sanford Decesed, Protestants          Drumnakarry, Rusky, Rinnisligoe
   Except Mullruny O'Kerrall, who
   one of them and an Irish Papist
   Sr. Paule Davis Knyt                  Shessiogh, Brechy, Murrow, Montermellan,
   English Protestant                    Mossery, Lergibreak, Anleyog, Clogheranagh,
                                         Polegill, Claggin, Portenelland, Corgraganagh,
                                         Kessey, Riniclevan, ffighert
   Captne frances Stanton                Moyseness, ffeymore, rucan, Brechny
   English Protestant
   Parish of Tulloghobegly
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Wibrant Olpherts Minor sone           Ardmore als faughbuy, Balliness, Inshbofin,
   and heire to Wibrant Olpherts         Magheriroerty, Arde begg, Armore Gorticork
   deceased Dutch Protestant
   Sr. Paule Davis Knyt                  Cashillmcinaw
   english Protestant.
   Thomas Dutton, Minor sone and         Carrick, Doore, Killdrum, Beltanny
   heire to Ralph Dutton Deceased
   English Protest.
   The Coheires of Captne John           Doore, Lenagh, Dunluy als Munycowlecrumen
   Sanford deceased Protestants
   except Mullruny O'Kerrall who one
   of them and an Irish Papist
   
    parish of Ray
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Francis Hart relict to                Inerweymore, Derririell
   Captne Henry Hart deceased
   English Protestant
   Sr. Pawle Davis Knyt                  Innerweybegg
   English Protestant
   Robt. Aiking sone of Robt.            Druminevey
   Aikeing Clk deceased
   Scotts Protestant
   Wibrant Olpherts Minor sone           Drumnetenny, Ballyconally
   and heire to Wibrant Olpherts 
   Deceased Dutch Protestant
   The Coheires of Captne John           Dunemore, Karrowkenan
   Sanford Deceased, English
   Protestants, Except Mullruny
   O'Kerrall who one them and an
   Irish Papist
   A Survey of the Lands within the Barrony of Killmacrennan, Belonging
   to Bishopps, Deans Deane and Cahpters, and the rest of that Hirechy
   and of the Gleabes therein, &c.
   Parish of Conwall
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   William Semple Clke                   Downe, Cabbry
   Incumbent of the sd Parish
The above said Quarter and a halfe of Land is held by Wm. Semple Clke Incumbent of the
sd Parish of Conwall by right of his Incumbencie, And possessed by Alexander
Conyngham and Allexr. Eweing Scotts Protestants....
   John Cunyngham gentl:                 Tulligay, Tullmcadegany, BellimcCowle
   Scotts Protestant                     (lease 1636)
   Allexander Henderson                  Killcluig
   Scotts Protestant                     (Lease 1636)
   Charles Hamilton Esqr.                Bellibontemple
   Scotts Protestant                     (Lease 1636)
   
    Parish of Aughnunshen
    Bishops Lands and Gleabb Lands
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Charles hamilton Esqr.                Aughnunshen
   Scotts Protestant                     (Lease 1636)
   Thomas Groves Eng. Protest            Magheriennan
   and John Knox Scots Protestant
    
    Parish of Gartan
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   James Knox gentl.                     Losson, Losson temple, Tryhena, Killmore
   Scotts Protestant                     (Lease 1636)
   
   
    Parish of Killmacrenan
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Charles Hamilton Esqr.                Bishopps Court and Portleyna
   Scotts Protestant
   William Vans Clk. David               Killconnell
   Stewart Scotts Protestants
    Parish of Aghneish
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Thomas Stewart Esqr.                  Aghneish
   Scotts Protestant, Beseidger of       (Lease 1636)
   Derry
   Thomas Drumond Clk. Incumbent         Aghengaddie
   of the above sd parish
    Parish of Tully
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   John Cunyngham gentl                  Clunimore, Tullybegg, Moyle, Claragh
   Scotts ptestant.                      (Lease 1636)
   Thomas Drumond Clk.                   Belliarr, Lagmcaduffe, Glendidally
   
    Parish of Clandevadock
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Henry Patton and Wm. Mortimer         Carrowcuilt
   gentl. Scotts Protestants
   David Mortimer gentl. Scotts          Bellihurusky
   ptestant
   Hugh Thomson gentl. Scotts            Rossnekill, Tamenagh
   Protestant
   James Knox gentl. Scotts              Aughendryen, Cloghfine, Killavy
   Protestant
   Allexr. Cunyngham and Adam            Drumfadd, Drumbegg als Drumen
   Dunlap Scotts Protestants
    Parish of Mevagh
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   The Coheires of Captne John           Mevagh
   Sanford English Protesant
   Allexr. Stewart gentl.                Downdowanmore
   Scotts protest.
    Parish of Clandehurka
   Name of Proprietors                   Denomination of Lands
   John Thomson Clke                     Kessy, Corgenny
   The Coheires of Captne John           Mevagh
   Sanford English Protestant
   Robert Aikeing Clk.                   Clandehurka
   Scotts Protestant
   John Thomson Clke.                    Ducashill, Derriherrin, Cluenbeg
    Parish of Tulloghbegly
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   The Coheries of Captne John           The Island of Tory, Inshbegg, Inshdowey
   Sanford deceased English Protestant
   Elise McCullogh als Patton Widow      Magherigallen, Maghery Clogher, Shrovellin
The above sd. three quarters of Land called Magherigallen &c. wth the fishings of Clady,
is held by Elise McCullogh als Patton relict to David McCullogh deceased Scotts 
Protestant by Lease from the said See of Raphoe...
   William Dutton Esqr. English          Tulloghobegly, Killultie, Glassiagh
   Protestant
The sd. Land is in the possession of William Dutton Esqr. son to the sd. Thomas Dutton
Deceased, yet claimed by Thomas Dutton Minor sone to Ralph Dutton, Deceased.
    Parish of Ray
   Name of Proprietor                    Denomination of Lands
   Wm. Dutton Esqr. English              Ray
   Protestant
   Wm. Chambers Clke.                    Moyra
The sd. land is possessed by William Dutton Esqr. English Protestant, sone to the sd Thomas
Dutton deceased....
    

Forfeited Lands within the Barrony of KillmcCrenan. &c.

    Parish of Aghnish
   Name of Proprietor                      Denomination of Lands
   Irvin McSwyne Irish Papist              Ray
   Grany Nigallogher Relict to             Drumharey
   Walter McSwyne Irish Papist
   Neale Mergagh McSwyne sone to           Glenally
   Walter McSwyne Irish Papist
    Parish of Tully
   Name of Proprietor                      Denomination of Lands
   Ervin McSwyne sons to Walter            Balliconally, Drumcloghen, Glendidally
   McSwyne Irish Papist
   Grany Ni Gallogher Relict               Bellikennay
   to Walter McSwyne Irish Papist
The above said quarter land caled Belliconally, held by Ervin McSwyne, sone to Walter
McSwyne Irish Papist yet one halfe quarter thereof claimed by Thomas Wallace and Robert
Algeo Scotts Protestants by Capitulacon of the Surrender of Dowgh Castle untill
Candlmasse in the yeare 1655...
   
    Parish of Killgarvan
   Name of Proprietor                      Denomination of Lands
   Owen McMuragh McSwyne and               Creeve
   Ralph McSwyne Irish Papists
   Torlagh mcCaffer O'Donnell, and         Aughterglyn, Legland
   Owen McMurragh Irish Papists
    Parish of Clandevadock
   Name of Proprietor                      Denomination of Lands
   Donnell oge McSwyne                     Rinducharigg, Muynagh,Tombe, Killdrum
   McDonell Garm Irish Papist
   Hugh buy McSwyn McDonell gorm           Leadmore, Glinsh
   Irish Papist
   Donnell Gorm McSwyne                    Duaghmore
   Irish Papist
   Mary Ni Swyne relict to                 Bellihureskie, Rannaghduy, Bellihernan,
   Walter McSwyne Irish Papist             ffinwalty
The above said two quarters of Land called Rinducharigg and Muynagh, held by Donell oge
McSwyne Mcdonnell Gorm McSwyne Irish papist....
The above said two quarters of Land called Leadmore and Glinsh, held by Hugh bui
McSwyne, son to the sd Donnell Gorm McSwyne Irish Papist....
The above sd thirde part of a quarter land called Bellihuresky als Rannaghduy, held by
Mary Ni Swyne relict to Walter McSwyne Irish Papist, and sone to the above named
Donnell Gorme McSwyne...
   Mullmury og McMullmury duff McSwyne     Magheridrumon als Magheridrumon of the Island
   Irish Papist
The above said two quarters of Land called Bellihernan and ffinwallty, held by Mary Ni
Swyne, Relict to Walter McSwyne, sone to Donnell Gorme deceased Irish Papist....
The above said two quarters of Land called Tombe and Killdrum, held by Donnell og
McDonell Gorme McSwin deceased Irish Papist....
The above said quarter land called Magherdrumen &c. held by Mullmury og McMullmury Duffe
McSwine Irish papist, yet Rose Ni Swyne, relict of the sd Mullmury Duffe McSwyne Irish
Papist, claimeth the one halfe thereof in Jointer....
   Donnell oge McDonnell Gorme             Arriheriamore, Arriherin. Dowaghbeg and
   McSwyne, And Honora Ni Swyne            Dowaghknabine, Carrowglagh
   relict to ye sd Donell Gorme
   Irish Papists
   The above said Honora Ni Swyne &c.      Glenfanett
   Neale Mergagh McSwyne                   Bellihureskie als Cowlknock, 
   Irish Papist
   The said neale Mergagh McSwyne and      Cornegarrow
   Ralph McSwyn Irish Papists
   Torlagh Ro McManus og O'Donell          Gortnottragh
   Irish Papist
   Donaghy McManus McSwyne                 Corrith
   Irish Papist
The above said halfe quarter of Land called Corrith, held by Donaghy McManus McSwyn is
Mortgaged to John Conyngham of Tully Scotts Protestant, by the sd Donaghy McManus McSwyne.
    Parish of Conehorka
   Name of Proprietor                      Denomination of Lands
   Torlagh Roe O'Boyle, Esqr.              Aughellettiff, Aultcrum als Airds, Clownimass,
   Irish Papist                            Ballimor, Duore, Killdoragh, Carrownemadie,
                                           Crinishmeare, Killmcillow, Gortenlecke,
                                           Cluenmore, Cashillbryard
   Torlagh og McColl McSwyne               Garvary
   Irish papist
   Hugh Doragh O Dougan                    Skeaugh
   Irish Papist
   Seely og ni-Swyne                       Magherimenagh
   Irish Papist
The above said three quarters and a halfe of Land called Clunimass &c. held by Torlagh Ro
O'Boyle Esqr. Irish Papist, yet claimed by ffrancis Stanton, son to John Stanton
deceased English Protestant, wch Land was Mortgaged unto the sd John Stanton by the
sd Torlagh O'Boyle for one hundred and Eighty pounds ster...
The above said halfe quarter land called Magherimenagh, held by Seely og Niswyne Irish Papist 
in Jointer.  The reversion to Collonel Myles McSwyne Irish papist....
      
    Parish of Tulloghobegly
   Name of Proprietor                      Denomination of Lands
   Torlagh og McOwen McConner og           Beltany
   O'Gallogher Irish Papist
   Donaghy og McSwyne McNeale Mergagh      Doore
   McSwyne Irish Papist
   Collonell Miles Swyne                   Dunluy als belllibo Enden
   Irish Papist
    Parish of Ray
   Name of Proprietor                      Denomination of Lands
   Torlagh Roe O'Boyle Esqr.               ffawenmore
   Irish Papist
The above said halfe quarter of Land called fawenmore, held by Torlagh Roe O'Boyle Irish Papist, but claimed by Francis Stanton to John Stanton deceased, being with other Lands
Mortgaged to the said John Stanton by the sd Torlagh Roe O Boyle for one hundred and Eighty pounds sterling....
  
Ulster Ancestry

Londonderry.

Northern Ireland
2003


Click Here to Recommend this page to a friend ...


You are visitor number:  to Ulster Ancestry

Ulster Ancestry - Ancestral Research, Family Research Services, Genealogy Reports, Free Ancestral Research Forum and Ancestral Information

All Content is Copyright Ulster Ancestry, Family and Ancestral Research