Research Services - Get Reports, Family History Details and much more Buy Documents - Buy Ancestral Documents - Click here Free Content - Ancestral Information, details of townlands and more... Sign Up to our Free Ancestral Newsletter sent every 2-3 weeks
Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums Forum Index Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums
Message board for discussion of Ulster Genealogy and Northern Ireland Ancestry / Family History

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New membership is closed. Current users log in as usual.

Ulster Ancestry Free Ancestor Search - Search over 330,000 ancestors and ancestry records.

McNeilly Ancestry - Antrim Co.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums Forum Index -> Antrim Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn Powell-McNeilly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: McNeilly Ancestry - Antrim Co. Reply with quote

Looking for ancestors of James McNeilly born July 1, 1832 in Antrim Co. Parents are believed to be Samuel McNeilly and Elizabeth Carlyle or Carlisle. Siblings of James are Jeremiah 1827, John 1829, Ellen, William, Mary Jane, Agnes, David 1845, Thomas 1847 and Elizabeth.

James immigrated to Canada and set up farming in the Woodhouse area of Norfolk County in southern Ontario. He married Agnes (Kyle or Ryle), born Mar 2, 1842 in Antrim and they had six children...James 1872, Annie Elizabeth 1874, David Oliver 1876, Samuel Stewart 1878, Hannah Jane 1881 and William Carlyle...all born in Canada.

I have searched passenger lists of ships coming to Canada but have not yet searched the lists of those passengers entering via the USA. We do not know the year James immigrated or the ship he sailed on.

We have been able to trace the ancestry back to James to 1832 but have hit a wall of any family history before that.

We are going to Ireland soon and hope to find some clues to the missing questions. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Lynn
JeanP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lynn

I too have elusive McNeilly's from Antrim and suspect your's and mine may be linked due to the naming patterns. I have even less info than you but would love to compare notes!! My ancestry is from a Margaret McNeilly married to a Robert McMeekin. They were in Campsie Parish Scotland for the 1851 census with 3 children all born Ireland. Both adults would have been born around 1800-1815. I have no known siblings to Margaret but her parents from her DC in Scotland were David McNeilly and Agnes Cathcart. Their son James McMeekin named his first son Jeremiah.

Best wishes
Jean
mlmcneely@cox.net

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: mcneely Reply with quote

I know this is an old posting but I was wondering if the McNeilly could have been spelled McNeely? My name is Michael McNeely and have been stumped with th lack of ships list also!!! my family has been here since the Great Migratin, (1700-1750)

thanks, Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums Forum Index -> Antrim Research All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: