Typescript copy of the marriage register for the Parish of Portpatrick, Wigtownshire, Scotland, containing entries relative to persons from Ireland.
The Register commences on 13th February, 1720 and contains the following entries relating to persons who came from Ireland:-
1. John Martine in Belfast Parish and Jonet Murdoch in Portpatrick, 10 October 1721.
2. Mr. Francis Brooks and Mrs. Mary Dillon both of Coolcart in the Parish of Cloonfert and Diocese of Cloonfert and Barony of Longford in the County of Gallway and Kingdom of Ireland, 1 July 1759.
3. Mr. Denis Daly of Loughrea and Miss Ann Donelan of Ballidonelan. No of the Parish of Longhrea and Miss Donelan of the Parish of Killaghtranth, after March 1762.
4. Michael Frayne, Esq., of Fermoyle in the County of Longford and Miss Ann O\'Donal of Newport in the County of Mayo. Witnesses:- Christopher Fitzgerald, Arthur Kelly, William Donaldson and Anthony Kennedy. signed Anne O\'Donnell, 21 July 1770.
5. Dean French and Mary Comerford both of Cork, 21 September 1771.
6. Richard Pierson and Anastatia Keating both of the City of Dublin. signed Richard Pearson, 9 July 1769.
7. Thomas Dillon Taaffe, Esqr. of Miltown in the County of Louth and Esther Murphy of Newry in the County of Down in the Kingdom of Ireland. Witnesses:- Eleanor Dillan and James ?, 9 July 1770
8. Mr. Robert Greene and Miss Juliana Judge of Molesworth Street both in the City of Dublin, 29 December 1765.
9. Mr. Theophilus Eaton Perkins of Oldtown in the County of Carlow and Miss Ann Eaton in said County, 27 July 1766.
10. Alexander Milwain Sailor in Donaghadee and Grisal McKaig in Portpatrick, 13 January 1770.
11. Edward Mandevile, Esqr. of Ballydine in the County of Tipperary and Kingdom of Ireland and Margret Arch Deacon otherwise Comerford of Carrick on Sure in the foresaid County, 23 August 1767.
12. Edward Galwey of Dungarven, Merchant in the County of Waterford and Kingdom of Ireland and Elizabeth Musgrace in the foresaid County, 23 August 1767.
13. George McCarogher and Elizabeth McCulloch both from ye parish and County of Armagh. signed \"Elizabeth M Cullagh\", 27 September 1767.
14. John Coughlan of Crannagh and Ann Beere of Crannach both from the County of Tipperary.
Signed \"Anna Coughlan\", 26 June 1768.
15. William Boyle and Hannah Armstrong both of the Town of Belfast and County of Antrim, 16 July 1768.
16. Henry Chara of Clagg in the County of Antrim and Ann Magenis of Cabra in the County of Down.
signed Henry oHara, 14 May 1769.
17. Phillip Bigg Roberts Esqr. of Milick in Queens County and Frances Palmer of Newtown in said County.
Witnesses from Ireland:- Terrence Phillip Magrath Robert Thomas Thomas Palmer, 10 December 1769.
18. James McKenna and Alice Rea of the Town and County of Monahan, 28 December 1767.
19. Edmond Moore Esqr. of Springhill and County of Mayo and Mary Lynch of Rockfield and County of Mayo, 1 May 1768.
20. Owen OMalley of Burrishoole and Margaret Blake of Ballinrobe both from ye County of Mayo, 12 April 1767.
21. James Baker of Ballymoreen in the County of Tipperary and Margaret Baker of the City of Cashell in the said County, 20 December 1767.
22. Edward Fitzgerald of Mochena and Harriot Baynes of Balerea both from ye County of Mayo, 7 December 1766.
23. Mark Rorke and Margret Perry both from Dublin, 23 December 1766.
24. Francis Wheeler and Elizabeth Arthur both from Ballywire in ye County of Tipperary, 26 February 1767.
25. Arthur Doyle and Mary Bulger both from the County of Kilkeny, 27 April 1766.
26. Mr. John Chambers and Agnes Handly from Dundalk, 3 October 1766.
27. Benjamin Roch Excise Officer and Jean Dowlin of Leighlinbridge in the County of Carlow - married by a Priest that the above named persons brought with them for that purpose, 29 August 1765.
28. Christopher Dardis and Miss Mary Broun both of the City of Dublin, 24 March 1766.
29. William Wilkinson, Gent. Cachorelly in the County of Limmrick and Mrs. Jacoba Sussana Bowchier of Killcullane in the County of Limmrick, 3 July 1763.
30. Cornelicus holmes of Thennagh in County of Cork and Miss Margret Wilkison in Calreligh in the County of Limrick, 25 March 1764.
31. Ambrose Dean Esqr. of Headford in County of Gallway and Margrate Kervan of Castle hackett in said County, 19 July 1764.
32. Richd. Stevens and Miss Cathirine Lambert both of the City of Dubline, 28 October 1764.
33. Thos. Nolan Esqr. of Logbay in the County of Mayo and Miss Winny Burke of Creaghduff in the said County, 28 October 1764.
34. Captn. Mathew Goodman and Miss Elizabeth Wade both of the City of Dublin, 1 June 1765.
35. Arthur French of French Brook in County of Ross Common and Miss Jean O\'Rourke of Crevagh in the County of Sligo, 10 August 1765.
36. Thos. Betty (entered as Beatie but signed Betty) and Helen Irvine both in the County of Slegoe, 25 August 1765.
37. Francis Bernard Esqr. and Mrs. Mary Stacpole both of the Parish of St. Nicholas, City of Cork married by Monsell Houston, Minister of the Church of England, 14 February 1775.
38 Thomas Everard Esqr. of Randleston in the County of Meath and Barbra O\'reilly daughter to James O\'reilly Esqr. of Ballinloch in County of West Meath, 2 December 1776.
39. James Rogers Esqr. of Droghada and Miss Hanna Brooks of said place, 13 August 1777.
40. John Docherty and Mrs. Mary Evans. Otherwise Mrs. Mary Massey. (No addresses given. May not have been from Ireland), 6 November 1777.
41. Mr. Ralf Trewman and Miss Mary Byrne both of the Town and parish of Dundalk, Ireland.
Witnesses:- Richard Coula, Berwick upon Tweed; Wm. Gibson, Session Clerk; John Moore, Carrickmacross, Ireland, 2 February 1778.
42. Samuel Aicken, Attorney and Mary Cullen, spinster both of the City of Dublin, 12 February 1778.
43. John Bowerman Esqr. of the County of Clare and Miss Mary Hunt of Innes and said County, 30 August 1778.
44. The Honble Randel Plunkett from Dublin, brother to Edward Lord Dunsany of the County of Meath and Ann Kearney, spinster of the County of Kilkenny both of the Kingdom of Ireland now residing here.
Witnesses:- Edmont chandly, Wm. Gibson, James McCandlis, Patrick Grogan, 20 May 1779.
45. Sir Richard Cox Bartt. of Dunmanway of the County of Cork and Miss Mary O bryan of Limerick now residing here - names given in 18th and married 19th, 19 January 1780.
46. Henry Bamber Esqr. and Miss Elisabeth Fletcher both of Belfast and County of Antrim - proclaimed 27th and married same day, 27 January 1780.
47. Patrick Lawson Esqr. Commander of the Lord Holland East India Ship and Miss Bridget Hennessy of Cork, 19 March 1780.
48. The Honourable John Browne and Miss Rose Margaret Gilker both of the County of Mayo.
Witnesses:- Mrs. Mary Browne. Michael Kelly, 5 April 1780.
49. Thomas Wood Esqr. of Achrene (?) in the County of Sligo and Miss Elizth. Clark of Ballanrobe in the County of Mayo, 21 May 1780.
50. Carret Moore Esqr. of Cloghan in the King\'s County and Elizabeth Pallon of the City of Dublin.
(William Fallon a Witness), 25 July 1780.
51. James McDonnell in Newry County of Down, & Elizabeth McCormick in Newry, (Edward McDonnell a Witness). (County of Down, 2 August 1780.
52. George Aitkinson of Louth and Cathrine Concanen of Dundalk.
Witnesses:- George Concanen. Christ. Balp, 6 December 1780.
53. Duke Giffard Esqr. of Castle Tardan County Meath and Miss Mary Asabella Baddock of Derland Denbighshire, Wales and both from the Kingdom of Ireland, 22 January 1781.
54. George O\'Leary of Nenagh County Tipperary, Doctor of Physic and Mary Ann Rogers of Tramone County of Waterford, spinster, 29 June 1781.
55. William Campbell Heatly, 32 Regiment and Clara Coughlin both from Dublin.
Witnesses:- John Campbell. Mary Coughlin, 30 July 1781.
56. James Hodkin Esqr. of Kilclony in the County of Galway and Miss Margaret Kelly of Creran in the same County, 18 November 1781.
57. Edmund Dowling Esqr. of Ballagh and Catherine Kelly of Screg both from the County of Rosscommon.
Michael Dowling, a Witness, 22 November 1781.
58. Bartholomew Macgawley Esqr. of Atherdee in the County of Louth and Miss Charlotte Catherine Franklin formerly of Westminster, Great Britain now of Lurgan in the County of Armagh, 27 November 1781.
59. Robert Shervinton, Esqr. of Mount Armstrong and Miss Mary Armstrong Gallen both from the King\'s County. Edmund Armstong and C. Maria Armstong, Wisnesses, 28 January 1782.
60. Richard Hall Esqr. of the Town and County of Monaghan and Miss Catherine Obrien daughter of Bartholomew Obrien Esqr. late of Kilmainhamwood in the County of Meath, deceased.
Witnesses:- Elizabeth Hall, Alexander L. Hall, Richard Farmer, Isabel Siller, 5 September 1782.
61. James Evory Esqr. Junior and Miss Darcus Carmichael both of the City of Dublin.
Witnesses: included Dorcus Boggs, 26 September 1782.
62. Connolly McCausland Esqr. of Daisy Hill in the County of Londonderry and Miss Anne Hamilton of Globe in the same County, 7 October 1782.
63. John Bernard of Ballynagar Esqr. in the County of Kerry and Miss Henora Maria Falvey only daughter of Hugh Falvey of Faha in the said County.
John Falvey a Witness, 17 November 1782.
64. Hameraly Hazelton, Ensign and Miss Ann Cawlfield both from the town of Lurgan and County of Armagh.
Sarah Cawlfield, Catherine Ryan and Edward Kennedy, Witnesses, 22 November 1782.
65. Henry Shaw Esqr. of Bally Tweedy and Eleanor Stewart from Belfast both from County of Antrim, 26 April 1783.
66. Walter Power Esqr. and Miss Mary Gill both of the City and County of Waterford.
Witnesses:- Jane Hobbs, James Milmine, 23 September 1783.
67. Thomas Savage Esqr. of Personhall in the County of Down and Ann Caddel from Belfast, County of Antrim.
Witnesses:- Rowd Savage, Hugh Savage, James Milmine, Jean Campbell, 4 November 1783.
68. John Lynett Esqr. of Bellina and Miss Mary Shee of Ashbrook both from the County of Mayo.
Witnesses:- Charles Moore, Mary Bourke, James Milmine, 20 April 1784.
69. Thomas Fitz Gibbon Esqr. of County of Limerick and Miss Mary Fitzgibbon of Ballyseeda in the Liberties of the City of Limerick.
Witnesses:- Elizabeth Quin, William Quinn, 17 May 1784.
70. Thomas Vincent Esqr. and Miss Mary Ann Cowney both of the City of Limerick, 3 June 1784.
71. William Robert Alen Lyster Esqr. and Mrs. Adelaide Agnes O\'Reilly both of the Parish of Kilbride and County of Wicklow, 9 June 1784.
72. Terence Fitton Esqr. of the City of Cork and Miss Lucinda Browne of Rathcahill in the County of Limerick, 1 February 1785.
73. Michael Chadwick Esqr. of Ballimarde in the County of Tipprary and Miss Margret Dwier of Tipprary, 6 July 1765.
74. John Esmonde Esqr. of Naas and Miss Hellen Callan of Oberstown both from the County of Kildare, 18 July 1785.
75. Michael Knaresbrough Esqr. of the City of Kilkenny and Miss Eliza Blunt, Daughter of Henry Blunt Esqr. of Clashwilliam in the County of Kilkenny.
William Knaresbrough, Edwd. Pidgeon, Joseph Blunt, - Witnesses, 1 November 1785.
76. John Wallinger Esqr. of City of London and Miss Matilda Creghan of Galway.
John Croghan a Witness, 24 November 1785.
77. Thomas Wegan Browne Esquire of Castle Browne in the County of Kildair and Sarah Pearson, Spinster, Daughter of Thomas Pearson Esquire late Major in the Right Ronble. the Best India Company\'s service and formerly of Burton in the County of Westmoreland. Eliza Browne a Witness, 7 December 1785.
78. Nicholas Ford Royce Esqr. of Montinan and Miss Mary Catherine Croker Rawleighstown both from the County of Limerick, 22 January 1786.
79. Walter Young Esq. Attorney and Miss Elizabeth Forbes both of Beresford Street in the City of Dublin, 23 March 1786.
80. Standish Grady Esqr. of Grange in the County of Limerick and Mrs. Margaret Foord widow of Abraham Foord Esqr. late of the City of Limerick.
William Grady Junr., a Witness, 12 May 1786.
81. Thomas P. Coleman Esqr. and Miss Elizabeth McClathery, both of the Parish of Dundalk, County of Louth, 27 June 1786.
82. Robert Blake Foster Esquire of Ashfield and Ann Daly, spinster of Raford both from the County of Galway, 2 September 1786.
83. John Fitzgerald Esqr. and Elizabeth Dartnell both of the Parish and Town of Rathkeal in the County of Limerick, she the third daughter of (Edwart Dartnell.)
Edwart Dartnell a Witness, 9 October 1786.
84. Edward Augustus Williamson Esq. and Miss Margaret Grier of Muckamore both from the County of Antrim, 23 December 1786.
85. Teoffry Prendergast Esqr. of Clogheen in the County of Tipperary and Miss Mary Ann Meagher of the Town and County of Tipperary.
Avarena Meagher a Witness, 31 January 1787.
86. Thomas Brereton Watson Esqr. of Clononanihy in the County of Tipperary and Miss Honoria Waldron of the City of Dublin, 8 February 1787.
87. John Stone, Coppersmith and Miss Mary McGhie both from Newry in the Kingdom of Ireland, 12 April 1787.
88. Thomas Longworth Dames Esqr. of Greenhill, King\'s County and Miss Jean Burke of Athlone in the County of West Meath.
Witnesses:- Margaret Donalan and Patk. Burk, 14 May 1788.
89. John Snow Esqr. of the County of Kilkenry and Miss Elizabeth Wyse daughter of John Wyse Esqr. of Newton in the City and liberties of Waterford, 8 August 1788.
90. Thomas Muray Prior Esquire of Rathdowny and Miss Catherine Palmer both of Queen\'s County.
Paul Palmer a Witness, 6 September 1788.
91. Michael Coggin Esqr. and Miss Eliza Harrison both from the City of Limerick, 8 November 1788.
92. James Moore Boyle Esquire of Tullyvin in the County of Cavan, last from Dublin, and Lydia Moore spinster eldest daughter of Richard Moore Esquire of Rathdouney in the Queen\'s County, 21 November 1788.
93. Averell Lockey Esqr. of Castle Leckey in the County of Londonderry and Mrs. Jane Aylward, Widow of Michael Aylward Esqr. of Balinagar in the County of Galway deceased and Daughter of Hyacinth Daly of Lechrea Esqr. in said County, 18 January 1789.
94. John Wilson Esqr. of Ballyvoir in the County of Clare and Miss Catherine Lambert of the Town of Galway, 20 April 1789.
95. William Billinghurst Esqr. of Farnham in the County of Surry and Kingdom of England and Miss Mary Skerritt of the City of Dublin.
Catherine Skerritt a Witness, 20 May 1789.
96. Richard Quarrel Esqr. Lieutennant of the forty third Regiment of Foot and Miss Catherine Nash of the City of Dublin both from the Kingdom of Ireland, 27 June 1789.
97. Robert Pantland Esqr. of Lurgan and Miss Grace Caulfield from the same place in the County of Armagh, 25 August 1789.
98. Matthias Nisbitt Esqr. of Derrygraster and Mary Elinor Kean, spinster of Keonbrook both from the County of Leitrim.
Fran Keon and Gerald Keon, Witnesses, 9 September 1789.
99. Humphry Palmer Esqr. of Rathdowny and Miss Frances Maria Palmer of Rathdowny both from the Queen\'s County.
Paul Palmer a witness, 12 October 1789.
100. The Right honourable George Earl of Erroll in the Kingdom of Scotland and Miss Eliza Blake of Ardfry in the County of Galway, 5 January 1790.
101. David Powell Esqr. and Miss Bridget Cannon both from Athlone.
Bernard Cannon a Witness, 18 February 1790.
102. John Keating Esqr. and Jane Hayes, spinster both of the City of Cork.
Ann Catherine Hayes a witness, 18 May 1790.
103. John Athenleck Esqr. of Cullen\'s wood in the County of Dublin and Miss Elinor Clare Walsh of the City of Dublin, 28 June 1790.
104. John Power Esqr. of Roskeen and Miss Abigail Bullen of Bally-Thomas both from the County of Cork.
Witnesses:- Robert Bullen Senr. Robert Bullen Jnr. Margaret Ryan, 29 January 1791.
105. O\'Neal Segrave Esquire of Cabra in the County of Dublin and Miss Margaret Goold of the City of Cork.
William Goold a witness, 15 March 1791.
106. John Lalor Esqr. of Long-orchard and Miss Mary Phelan daughter of Thomas Phelan Esqr. of Nodstorm both from the County of Tipperary.
Witnesses:- Anne Phelan Thomas Phelan James Sloan James Milmine, 8 April 1791.
107. Pierce O\'Brien Esquire of Bansegh and Miss Eliza Power both from County of Tipperary, 10 July 1791.
108. Samuel Payly Esqr. Cornett of the twelfth Regiment of Dragoons now at Athlone and Miss Anne Burke of Athlone, County of Westmeath.
Patrick Burke a Witness, 19 October 1791.
109. Malachy Daly Esquire of Rahford eldest son of Denis Daly Esquire of Rahford and Miss Honora Redington of Kilconnan Daughter of Thomas Rodington Esquire of Kilconnan both from the County of Galway.
Witnesses:- Mary Bodkin, Thomas Rodington, Junior John McGuire, 28 December 1791.
110. The honourable George Massy of Stagdale lodge and Miss Elizabeth Scanlan of Ballynaha, both from the County of Limerick.
Michael Scanlan Junr. a Witness, 29 December 1791.
111. The Right Honourable Hugh Lord Massy, Baron Massy of the County of Limerick and Miss Margaret Everina Barton of Grove in the County of Tipperary.
Thomas Barton, Charles Barton, Judith Cody were Witnesses, 12 March 1792.
112. Walter Blake Esquire of Dunsmacrinea in the County of Mayo and Miss Mary Butler of Millbrooke in the County of Clare.
Witnesses:- Henry Butler, Thomas Sweeney,
? Welsh, 14 April 1792.
113. Edmund Hunt Esquire of Inchirourke in the County of Limerick and Miss Teresa Butler, Daughter of James Butler Esqr. of Millbrooke in the County of Clare, 19 September 1793.
114. James Rynd Grange Beg Esqr. of West Meath County and Miss Hesse Fleetwood of Park Town in the County of Meath, 3 December 1793.
115. Parcy Freke Esqr. Captain in the Prince of Wales royal Irish Regiment of foot commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Doyle and son of Sir John Freke, Baronet late of Maryville in the County of Wexford deceased and Charlotte Smyth, Spinster daugher of William Smyth of Bonis in Ossary in the Queen\'s County Esqr.
Witnesses:- Samuel White Esqr. of Bonis in Ossary in the Queen\'s County and James Farley of the City of Dublin, Gentleman, 7 December 1793.
116. Jeffray French Esqr. of French brook and Bridget O\'Connor spinster of Toomona both from the County of Roscommon, 16 January 1794.
117. George Bell Esqr. of Ballsgrove mar Drogheda in the County of Meath and Margaret Sadleir of Sadleir\'s Wells, spinster in the County of Tipperary.
Witnesses:- Nicholas Sadleir, Anthony Armstrong William Sadleir all of the County of Tipperary, 2 March 1794.
118. The Honourable Frederic Forbes of the County of Longford, Lieutenant of the Eightieth and fifth Regiment of Foot and Mary Butler, spinster of the City of Limerick, 13 May 1794.
119. Charles Whyte Esquire Lieutenant in his Majesty\'s eightieth and fifth Regiment of foot and Anna Rose Lewin spinster of Fortfergus in the County of Clare.
Witnesses:- Henry Collis of City of Limerick, Joseph Williams servant to the above Charles Whyte, Andrew Fyfe, Schoolmaster and Session Clerk of Portpatrick, 21 June 1794.
120. Samuel Smith Esqr. from Belfast and Miss Letitia Bradish from the Town of Kilkenny in the County of Kilkenny, 21 July 1794.
121. George Humfrey Esqr. of Donard in the County of Wicklow and Miss Isabella Johnson of the Town and County of Carlow eldest daughter of Alexander Johnson Esqr. of Coulaw, 19 January 1795.
122. Alexander Murray in the Town and Parish of Donaghadee and Mary McGarva in Portpatrick, 5 May 1795.
123. Henry Higgins Esquire of Tobber in the King\'s County and Miss Elizabeth Briggs of the City of Dublin.
Witnesses:- Anna Marie Babington and Thomas Naghten from Ireland, 10 May 1795.
124. John Giffard Esqr. son to the late Thomas Giffard Esqr. of Chillington in Staffordshire and Miss Helena Sutton of Dublin.
Witnesses:- Walter Devereux and Mathew Sutton from Ireland, 18 May 1795.
125. Ringrose Brew Horan Esqr. of the County of Limerick and Miss Jane Buchanan of the Kings County.
Alexander Murray, Commander of the Hilsborough. Packet, 28 August 1795.
126. William Phibbs Irwin, Esqr. Attorney of the City of Dublin and Ann Kelly, spinster second daughter of Edmund Kelly Esqr. of Fidane in the County of Galway, 10 November 1795.
127. Patrick Leuckett and Ellenor Cashin both of the Town and County of Waterford.
Witnesses:- Edmund and Catherin Cashin both of the Town and County of Waterford, 2 September 1796.
128. Thomas Edward Hunt Esqr. Captain in his Majesties 64th Regiment of foot and Miss Mary Mahony daughter of Pierce Mahony Esqr. of the City of Limerick.
Witnesses:- Jno. Maimsell, James Mack, Pierce Mahony and Andrew Fyfe (Fyfe a local man in Portpatrick, 27 April 1797.
129. William Williams Esqr. of Kilmacudd in the County of Dublin and Miss Elisabeth Finn of the City and County of Kilkenny.
Michael Finn of Kilkenny a Witness, 15 May 1797.
130. George William Ross Lewin Msqr. of Fortfergus in the County of Clare and Miss Margaret O\'Toole daughter of the Right honourable Lady Catherine O\'Toole, Great George\'s Street, North Rutland Squre, Dublin.
Witnesses:- Catherine Annessby McMahon, Great Georges Street, Rutland Square, Dublin,
Francis Falloon, Donaghadee, 3 June 1797.
131. Richard Webb Esquire of Webbesborough in the County of Kilkenny and Miss Franoca Harrison eldest daughter of Thomas Harrison, Surveyor of Clantarf in the County of Dublin.
Witnesses from Ireland:- Laurence Himford, Robert Madden and James McConnell, 21 August 1797.
132. Valentine Blake Esq. of Drum and Kiss Anne Burke of Gartnamona both of the County of Galway.
Redmond A. Burke of the County of Galway a Witness, 19 October 1797.
133. Arthur Blennerhassett Esqr. of Elmgrove near Tralee and Miss Dorcas Twiss Anna, both from the County of Kerry.
Witnesses:- William Johnstone Harte Esqr. of Coolruss, Limerick James Sullivan, servant to Mr. Blennerharsett and Mikal Wade, 4 December 1797.
134. Sir John Gordon Baronet of Park in the County of Banff and Miss Pyne Crosbie, daughter to the Honourable and Reverend Maurice Crosbie, Dean of Limerick.
Witnesses:- the honourable Mrs. Crosbie, mother of the above designed Miss Pyne Crosbie,
Robert Hickson Morgall Esqr. of Rathkele in the County of Limerick,
Mikal Wade servant to the said Sir John Gordon, 9 January 1798.
135. Thomas Palmer Esqr. and Mrs. Margaret Blakeny, Widow, both of the City of Kilkenny.
Witnesses:- Jas. Carmichael Commander at Dromore and Alexr. Murray, Capt. of Hilsborough Packet, 21 July 1798.
136. John Caffy in Parish of Bellyhalbert and Kingdom of Ireland and Margret Milneay of Portpatrick Parish, 21 August 1798.
137. Charles Frederick, Captain in the 54th Regiment of Foot now Quartered at Nenagh and Miss Lucinde Watkins second daughter of John Watkins Esq. of Johnstown in the County of Tipparary, 29 October 1798.
138. Edward Burke Eyre Esqr. of Fairhill in the County of Galway and Miss Maria Dillon of Greenvell in said County, 16 November 1798.
139. Christipher Henrey Barry Meade of Limerick and Miss Ann Fulton of Lisburn, County of Antrim.
Witnesses:- Mrs. Ann Fulton of Lisburn. John Major Esqr. Cornet of the 22nd Dragoons and Alexander Murray Commander of the Hilsborough Packet of Donaghadee, 22 September 1799.
140. Henry Hunt Esqr. of Golden garden in the County of Tipperary and Miss Mary Bradshaw of the City of Limerick.
Witnesses:- Deborah Bradshaw of Limerick,
Benjamin Bennet Bradshaw Esqr. of Mount William in the County of Tipperary,
John Buchanan, Ensign in the Perthshire Militia, 30 September 1799.
141. Carroll Patrick Naish Esqr. of Ballyann and Miss Ann Johnson of Bettyville both from the County of Limerick.
Witnesses:- William Johnson Esqr. Junior of Bettyville. James Mackenzie, Vintner, and John Ker in Portpatrick, 7 October 1799.
142. Andrew Robinson Stonay Bowes Strathmore Stopford Palmer Esqr. of Sraugh in the Queens County Lieutenant in the York Regt. of Infantry and Miss Ann Jane Eliza Fraser of Kirkcubbin in the County of Downe.
Witnesses:- Mrs. Ann McMinn, relict of Alexander McMinn of Donaghadee Esqr. and Mitchell James Sparks Esqr. Lieutenant in the York Regiment of Infantry, 8 April 1799.
143. Richard Phillips Esqr. of the City of Cashel and County of Tipperary and Miss Jane Godfrey of Beech Mount in said County.
John Godfrey of Beech Mount a Witness, 25 May 1799.
144. William Brannan Esqr. and Miss Eliza Mulhollan both of the County of Down and Parish Donaghadee.
Witnesses:- Revd. Richard Watson, Curate of Donaghadee, John Mulhollan of Donaghadee.
145. Martin Connell Creaghe M.D., and Miss Mery Lacy both from the City of Limerick, 7 May 1800.
146. Vere Hunt Esq. of Cappagh in the County of Tipperary and Miss Franciss Palmer Shartt of Newtown in Queens County.
Signed: Frances P. Shartt, 24 May 1800.
147. Sir Robert Lynch Blosse of Moat Baronet, County Mayo and Miss Elisabeth Gorman of the City of Kilkenny in said County.
Witnesses:- Christopher Humfrey and Ann Brodricks both of the City of Kilkenny, 8 September 1800.
148. Martin Staunton Kirwan Esqr. of Blindwell, County of Galway and Miss Mary Burke of Tuam formerly of Keelagnes in said County of Galway.
Witnesses:- James Burke of Mount Kelly, Catherine Blake of Ross Lodge both from County of Galway, 1 May 1801.
149. William Dowling Esqr. of Ballagh and Miss Alicia Mills of Cherryfield both from the County of Roscommon.
Witnesses:- Alexander Murray, Captain of the Hillsborough Packet and William Gordon, Innkeeper in Fortpatrick, also Samuel L. Mills Esqr. of Hudsons bay and said County of Roscommon, 12 June 1801.
150. Kingsmill Pennefather Esqr. of New-park in the County of Tipperary, Lieutenant of His Majesty\'s Ninth Regiment of Dragoons and Miss Rebecca Maria Persse, daughter of Burton Perrse Esqr. in the County of Galway, 22 June 1801.
151. Edmund Greene Mahone Esqr. and Miss Margaret Rose Lewin both of the County of Clare.
Witnesses:- Legh: Watson: Seddon of Acres Barn, Lancashire England and
John McKeogh of Currane, County of Tipperary, 14 November 1801.
152. Robert Robinson Esqr. late Cornet in his Majesties 28th Regiment of Light Dragoons and Miss Ruth Stoney, spinster, third daughter of Thomas Stoney Esqr. of Aran-Mill in the County of Tipperary.
Witnesses: Samuel Barry Esqr. of the City of Dublin, Richard Fab: Stoney Esqr. of Aran-Hill and Thomas I. Storey Esqr. of Lurgan in the County of Armagh.
(The signature appears to be Richd. Fetk: Stoney), 7 December 1801.
153. George Bonynge Esqr. Lieutenant in the Royal Longford Militia and Miss Catherine Roche Daughter of James Roche of the Town of Ennis and County of Clare.
John Finnucane of the City of Dublin a Witness, 23 March 1802.
154. Leonard Herper Junior Esqr. and Miss Ann Church both of the City of Londonderry, 27 June 1802.
155. Thomas Sherlock Esqr. of Rock Abbey in the County of Cork and Miss Mary Bavan of Miltown in the County of Limerick.
Witnesses:- James Bennett of Newbridge and Daniel O\'Callahan both of the County of Limerick, 18 December 1802.
156. John Copley Esqr. of Ballyclough in the County of Limerick and Miss Dorothea Stack of Ballycoury in the County of Kerry.
Witnesses:- John Stack Esqr. of Ballyconry in the said County of Limerick and
Samuel Monsell of Mallow in the County of Cork, 14 April 1803.
157. John Fynn Esqr. and Matilda Campbell, spinster, both from the City of Dublin, 12 January 1804.
158. Andrew Walsh Esqr. of Fasthard and Miss Anna Ryan of Cashel both from the County of Tipperary.
Witnesses:- George Hamilton Esqr. Merchant in Dublin and Alexander Gibson Marchant in Ayr, 19 February 1804.
159. John D\'Arcy Esquire of Kiltolla and Frances Blake, spinster, of Castle Grove, both from the County of Galway. Witnesses:- *Doctor Caldwell of the County of Derry and Dr. William Clark Inn-keeper in Portpatrick *Signed: \"John Caldwell M.D.\", 11 June 1804. 160. Mr. Peter Boyle Blaquiere of Dawson Street and Miss Eliza O\'Brien of Stephen\'s Green, both of the City of Dublin.
Witnesses:- Dr. Dennis O\'Brien Junr. William & Elizabeth Clarks, Innkeepers in Portpatrick and James Caffray and Mary Doolan in the service of the parties. Biddy O\'Brien also signed as a Witness, 13 September 1804.
161. Hyacinth O\'Rorke Esqr. of Drimdee in the County of Roscommon and Miss Jane Taaff of Dunmanu()y in the County of Mayo, 31 October 1804..
162. Capt. Thomas Acklom of the 38th Regiment of Foot, Quartered at Kilbeggan, County of West Meath and Miss Susanna Hughes of Carlow and County of Carlow, 5 December 1804.
163. Nicholas George Johnston, Lieutenant in the Second Battalion of the 81st Regt. of Foot and Miss Mary Ann Keating, Daughter of George Keating Esqr, Doctor of Medicine at the County and City of Limerick, 7 January 1805.
164. Mr. John Sinclair of Newtownairds and Miss Ann Bailie of Kirkcubbin both of the County of Down.
James Ore from Kircubbin a Witness, 2 February 1805.
165. James Davies from Ireland and Janat Adair in Knockglass in Portpatrick Parish, 19 March 1805.
166. John Irwin Esqr. of Emla and Miss Catherine Balfe of Heathfield, both of the County of Roscommon.
Richard Balfe of Dublin, a Witness, 14 April 1805.
167. Thomas Frawen Esqr. and Miss Margaret Dundun, both of Castle Connal and County of Limerick.
Signed: \"Margret Dondon\", 20 May 1805.
168. Robert Kingston Esqr. from London, England and Charlotte Burdett of the City and County of Limerick, 3 August 1806.
169. James O\'Reily Esqr. of Rockfield in the County of Cavan, Lieutenant in the Wicklow Regiment of Militia and Miss Honora Lynch of Ballinasloe in the County of Galway eldest daughter of James Lynch Esqr. of Woodpark in the County of Roscommon.
Witness: John Kelly Esqr. of Liskelly in the County of Galway, 7 May 1807.
170. Edmond William Hogg Esqr. of the City of Limerick and Miss Mary Sargent, Daughter of James Sargent Esqr. of said City.
Richard Bell from Belfast, a Witness, 26 September 1807.
171. William Stewart, Lieutenant Royal Tyrone Regiment, County Tyrone, Parish of Ardstraw and Miss Mary Roberts, Daughter of John Roberts, Esqr. County of Wexford, Parish of Selekar (?) (St. Selekar\'s), 20 May 1808.
172. Richard West Esqr. of Ballydugan in the County of Down and Miss Martha McCormick of Gorey in the County of Wexford.
Witnesses:- Mrs. Catherine Nuzum or Nazum of Wexford, Jacob Sison Junr. Esqr. of Dublin, 7 July 1808.
173. Philip Savage Esq and Miss Marenret Campbell, both of Glastrey near Kirkcubbin in the County of Down.
Witnesses:- Jane Morton of Dundalk, John Campbell of Glastry, Daniel Ross of Edinburgh, 18 July 1808.
174. John P. Blair Esqr. of Cork and Miss Eliza Fitzgerald of Ennis, County of Clare, 12 September 1808.
175. Andrew Kennedy Esqr. of Ballyrany in the County of Down and Miss Annabella Campbell, No. 40 Dame Street, Dublin.
Robert Kennedy Esqr. of Comber in the County of Down a Witness, 15 September 1808.
176. Peter Woulfe Esquire of Tirewiclane in the County of Clare and Miss Isma Armstrong of Colooney in the County of Sligo, 13 January 1809.
177. Charles Robert Frizell Esqr. and Miss Catherine Dodd both of the County of Dublin.
Patrick Lalor Esqr. of Dublin a Witness, 2 April 1809.
178. Samuel Tagert Esqr. of the City of Dublin and Miss Hester Blayney of Killadreny in the County of Wicklow.
Witnesses:- Robt. Blayney Esqr. of Killadreny, Mistress Mary Blayney wife to Robert Blayney above, 27 June 1810.
179. Hugh Massey Barrett Esqr. and Miss Caroline Butler both of the City of Dublin.
Theobald Butler Esqr. of Dublin a Witness, 25 January 1811.
180. John Johnson Esqr. of Lisburn in the County of Antrim and Miss Lydia Johnson Smyth of Ballykeel in the County of Down.
John Sedgewick Esqr. of Belfast a Witness, 13 February 1811.
181. John Browne Esqr. and Miss Eliza Barclay Evans both of the Parish of St. Peters in the City of Dublin.
Alexander Crawford Esqr. of Miltown-house near Dublin, a Witness, 9 March 1811.
182. Arthur Wolfe Esqr. of Forenaghts in the Parish of Forenaghts, Barony of South-salt, in the County of Kildare and Margaret Hamilton, spinster, daughter of the late James Hamilton of Dunboyne and County of Meath. John Hamilton Esqr Junior of Dunboye Castle lately, and now of Dublin, a Witness, 16 April 1811.
183. Henry Blake Esqr. of Winfield in the County of Galway and Miss Anastasia Gossen in the County of Dublin, 5 September 1814.
184. The honourable Hamilton Ralph Crofton of Capo and Hantstown in the County of Dublin and Miss Mary Hemsworth, Daughter of Thomas Hemsworth Esqr. of Abbeville in the County of Tipperary, 27 May 1811.
Christopher Blake Esqr. of Windfield and Miss Elizabeth Burke of St. Clerans, both of the County of Galway.
Witnesses:- John Kirwan Esqr. Junior of Castle-hacket, Galway and Daniel Kine, his servant, 21 November 1811.
186. Leonard Hodson Esqr. son of the Reverend Samuel Hodson of Hodson\'s bay and Miss Clarinda Roe, daughter of Peter Roe of St. Stephen\'s Street in the City of Dublin, Esqr, 31 January 1812.
187. James Alcock Esqr. and Miss Mary Sheppard both of the County and City of Waterford.
Sir Simon Newport Knight, of Waterford, a Witness, 25 August 1812.
188. Samuel Ranken Esqr. and Miss Nannette Robinson both from the Town of Belfast.
John Gihon of Belfast, a Witness, 26 October 1812.
189. Mr. Crofton Fitzgerald and Miss Harriot Rowan both of the City of Dublin, 1 June 1813.
190. David England Young Esqr. and Miss Jane Neligan both of Nenagh in the County of Tipperary, 20 July 1813.
191. John Leigh Trafford Esqr. Ensign in his Majesty\'s 31st Regiment of Foot and Miss Margaret Patterson of Sligo, 9 March 1814.
192. William Cropper, a private in the North Lincoln Militia and Mary Devlin from Carrickfergus, 7 September 1814.
193. Robert Pollock a Private in the 21st Regiment of Foot and Mary O\'Neil a native of Ireland, 14 February 1815.
194. The honble Barry Bingham of Newbrook in the County of Mayo and Miss Sally Lambert of Castle-Lambert in the County of Galway.
Jacob Warren a Witness.
(became 2nd Baron Clanmorris), 4 January 1815.
195. Edward Tresham Esqr. and Miss Dorothea Johnson both from the County of Dublin, 2 April 1815.
196. Mr. Robert Marshall, Hosier and Miss Mary McMaster, Daughter of Mr. James McMaster, Grocer, both of Belfast.
James Young, Merchant, Belfast, a Witness, 12 October 1815.
197. Thomas McCulloch Esqr. of Dromore and Elizabeth McCann, Spinster of Union Hall near Dromore both of the Kingdom of Ireland.
David McCann of Dublin, a Witness.
(Signed Thomas S. McCulloch), 26 July 1816.
197A. Francis Horner Esqr. of Glendermat in the County of Derry and Miss Jane Steele of Strabane in the County of Tyrone.
Martha Steele a Witness, 14 December 1813.
198 Maxwell James Boyle Esqr. of Tullyvin in the County Cavan and Miss Lydia Anne Townlay of Dundalk in the County of Louth.
Witnesses:- William Leadbeater Esqr. of Cootehill in the County of Cavan and John Townley Esqr. of Dundalk in the County of Louth, 2 September 1816.
199. John Caughey Esqr. and Miss Mary Ann Irwin both of Belfast. Sinclair Ramsey Esqr. of Belfast a Witness, 24 March 1817.
200. Michael Prattie Head Esqr. of Derry Castle in the County of Tipperary and Miss Mary Butler of Limerick, 5 August 1817.
201. Arthur French Esqr. Junior of French Park-house, County of Roscommon and Miss Mary Cathrine French McDermott, Elphin, also of the County of Roscommon.
Witnesses:- Edward McDermott Esqr. Alphin and Faulkner Flanagan or Hanagan both of the County of Roscommon, 16 April 1818.
202. Thomas Hewitt Esqr. and Miss Mary Shaw Potter both of Killinchy and County of Down, 20 November 1818.
203. Anthony O\'Flaherty Esqr. of Knockbane and Miss Harriett Eliza Archer, daughter of the late Major General Archer of The Guards, residing presently with her mother, the honourable Mrs. Thomas Mullins, Ashly Park both from the County of Galway.
Witnesses:- the honourable Mrs. Thomas Mullins (signing Parnell Mullins).
David McLellan of Marks, Kirkcudbright, William Hannay McLellan Younger of Marks, 4 May 1819.
204. Samuel Wyndowe Esqr. Lieutenant of the first or Royal Dragoons and Miss Ann Thomlinson, daughter of the late Colonel Thomlinson of the 18 Regiment of Infantry from the County of Roscommon, 4 July 1819.
205. Honourable Henry Caulfield and Miss Elizabeth Margaret Browne Both of the parish of Loughgall and County of Armagh.
Witnesses:- Conell O\'Donel, Ellen Kelly, Patrick Kearney and Thomas Spelman, 30 August 1819.
206. Robert Morrison Esqr. son of Rowland Morrison Esqr., city of Cork and Miss Harriet Austin, Daughter of William Austin Esqr. of said City, 17 October 1819.
207. Edward Hunt Hutchinson Esqr. of Mount Galt in the County of Kilkenny and Miss Eliza Bradish of Irishtown in the City of Kilkenny, 31 October 1819.
208. James McConnell Esqr. Surgeon in Comber and Miss Sarah Hewitt of Killinchy both from the County of Down.
Witnesses:- Mr. George McQuaid from the Parish of Donaghadee and Miss Mary McCulloch of the Parish of Comber, Ireland, 2 August 1820.
209. Daniel McCall and Mary Wilson both from the Parish of Belfast, 17 October 1820.
210. Robert Young of Portpatrick and Elizabeth Moore from Donaghadee, Ireland, 5 February 1821.
211. Lord Edward Chichester of Belfast (4th Marquess of Donegall) and Miss Amelia Spread Deane Crady from the County of Dublin.
Witnesses:- Mary McEvoy, a native of Ireland and John Davies a native of England, 23 September 1821.
212. Richard Macale Esqr of Prospect Lodge and Miss Jane Eyre of Woodview near Eyre Court, both from the County of Galway, 10 November 1821.
213. John Evans Esqr. and Miss Jemima Sexton, both of the City of Limerick.
William Sexton a Witness, 24 April 1822.
214. Edward Blaquiere Esqr. of the City of Dublin and Miss Maria Lynch of the County of Galway, 5 February 1823.
215. John Ewing Sloan Esqr. from Belfast and Miss Eliza Sime from Liverpool.
Witnesses:- Thomas McCammon and Hill Charley Esquires, 14 July 1823.
216. Thomas McCammon Esqr. and Miss Elizabeth Maxwell, both of Belfast.
Witnesses:- Garnet Sloan from Belfast, James McClean Jr. from Quebec, John McWilliam from Gatehouse, 17 May 1824.
217. Eyre Lloyd Esqr. and Miss Anne Hutchison Masey both of the County of Limerick.
Patrick Wallace servant to the foresaid Eyre Lloyd Esquire, a witness, 15 October 1824.
218. William Jackson Esq. and Anne Tegart, spinster both of Newry County Down, 21 November 1824.
219. Mr. Robert Gibson and Miss Isabella Berrows both from the Parish of Kilmore, County Down, 8 December 1824.
220. John Coates Esqr. and Miss Eliza Thompson both of the Town of ?? and County of Antrim.
Witnesses:- Miss Jane Coates, Miss Sarah Vallack and Nicklaus Murchie, 11 April 1825.
221. The Honourable Denis Arthur Bingham of Newbrook in the County of Mayo and Miss Maria Helena Persse of Roxborough in the County of Galway.
Robert Henry Persse Esqr. of Roxborough, County of Calway, a Witness. (He became 3rd Baron Clanmorris), 1 May 1825.
222. The Reverend Philip Smith of Cherry Mount and Miss Isabella Maria Tandy, Balraith, both of the County of Meath, 20 July 1825.
223. Andrew Browne Esq. of Mount Hazel in the County of Galway and Miss Milicent Harvey Dillon of Dublin, 28 July 1825.
224. Joseph Trimble Esqr. of Newry and Miss Essy Clarke of Shamrock Vale, both from the County of Down.
Edward Heren (?) Lieut. R.N. a Witness (of Lisburn, County Antrim), 22 September 1825.
225. Walter William Lynch Esqr. and Miss Maria Fitzhenry both of the Parish of Clare - Galway, County of Galway, 19 December 1825.
226. John Drew Atkin Esqr. of Cork, Solicitor, and Miss Georgina Roberts both of Cork.
Witnesses:- Luke Smithett Esqr. and Walter Atkin Junior Esqr. of Atkin Ville near Cork, 26 January 1826.
227. Coole Nisbitt Esqr. of Drumod and Miss Mary Matilda Nisbitt Drumsna both from the County of Leitrim.
John Nisbitt Esqr. of said County a Witness, 28 January 1826.
228. Robert Holmes of Clennanore Esqr. Castletown Poache, County of Cork and Catherine Wilkinson, spinster of Mallow, County of Cork.
Francis Wilkinson of Limerick a Witness, 6 February 1826.
229. Charles Martin Esqr. of the City of Dublin and Miss Susan Bomford of Rachan\'s Town in the County of Meath, 17 June 1826.
230. William Braithwaite Esqr. and Miss Maria Williams, both of the City of Belfast, 7 July 1826.
231. Daniel Kelly Esqr. of Cargins Junr. and Miss Anne French McDermott Hazle-brook, both of the County Roscommon.
Miss Olivia French McDermott of County of Roscommon a Witness, 29 July 1826.
232. William Edward Leeson Esquire and Miss Louisa Araminta Sewell both of Dublin.
The Honourable Harriet Sewell of Dublin a Witness, 23 October 1826.
233. Charles Joseph MacDermot of Colaven Esqr. and Miss Maria Arabella O\'Rourke, Carriginboy, both of the County of Sligo.
Witnesses:- Miss Frances Marie French of Bella and Edmund French Esqr. of Bella both of County of Roscommon.
(Signed Arabella Maria O\'Rourke.), 16 November 1826.
234. Stephen Joseph Denelen Esqr. of Killagh and Miss Evelyne French, Daughter of Robert French Esqr. of Monivea Castle, both from the County of Galway.
Mr. Luke Smithett, Commander of the Arrow Steam Packet, a Witness, 1 December 1826.
235. John Campbell and Sussanna McGibboney of Bangor (?), 4 July 1846.