Research Services - Get Reports, Family History Details and much more Buy Documents - Buy Ancestral Documents - Click here Free Content - Ancestral Information, details of townlands and more... Sign Up to our Free Ancestral Newsletter sent every 2-3 weeks
Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums Forum Index Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums
Message board for discussion of Ulster Genealogy and Northern Ireland Ancestry / Family History

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ulster Ancestry Free Ancestor Search - Search over 330,000 ancestors and ancestry records.

Luke Daly/Mary Lappin.... TULLYSARAN,ARMAGH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums Forum Index -> Armagh Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mentorscotus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Luke Daly/Mary Lappin.... TULLYSARAN,ARMAGH Reply with quote

Seeking information on the ancestry of Luke Daly who married Mary Lappin at the Roman Catholic church at Tullysaran,Armagh in August 1869.Their son Luke may have gone over to Scotland to work in the Monklands area.Any information on the Dalys or Lappins would be helpful as I have little background on either branch of my family.Many thanks to anyone who can help. Confused
Magha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Luke Daley/Mary Lappin, Tullysaran. Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a record of a marriage in St. Brigid's R.C. Church, Tullysaran, 1st May, 1881. This was between a Thomas Daly, batchelor,31, labourer, Armagh, father Luke Daly, and Ellen McKee, 32, spinster, Armagh, father William McKee. The witness were John Duggan and Catherine McCoo or Coe. Thomas Rice, Adm. solemnized the cermony......almost 126 years ago to the day.

In the 1901 census, a Mary Lappin is listed as the mother - in - law of John Conroy in Cloughfin, Co. Armagh. There a number of Daly families in the parish of Tullysaran.

Hope this helps,
Magha.
mentorscotus

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Dear Magha,
Many thanks.I am having great difficulty with tracing the Daly line in Tullysaran.....so all hints and tips are great.I hope to do more on this part of my tree this summer.
Best wishes.
Mentorscotus Very Happy
mentorscotus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: more news on Daly family Reply with quote

I have discovered that the Thomas mentioned above is probably a relative of my John and Luke junior.There was also a sister Ellen born in 1870.Many thanks to all who post help...in advance of your assistance. Very Happy
mentorscotus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Other Dalys/Lappin wedding witnesses,P.Golden,E and B.Daly Reply with quote

On the CMC website someone kindly posted a message about the Daly family of Tullysaran.It seems that there were two more siblings Mary and Ann Jane
Also the witnesses at the LUKE DALY/MARY LAPPIN wedding were PATRICK GOLDEN and ELLEN DALY and BERNARD DALY
Anyone out ther who knows thse names please contact me.Thank you to all helpers, Very Happy
mentorscotus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: John Daly of Tullysaran Reply with quote

I have been given an extra bit of information about John Daly son of Bridget Lappin and Luke Daly of Tullysaran.He was in the army at one point.My cousin has verified that her mum also said he was in the army and that he died in the Dardannelles campaign.I do not have details of his regiment nor his identification number, so cant access medal cards or find him on a monument.He lived in Armagh in his youth,came to Scotland later and lived in Old Monkland at one time.Anyone who can help me trace grandas details?thanks. Sad
mentorscotus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: sorry mistake in post Lappin... Mary not as I posted. Reply with quote

John Dalys mother was called Mary Lappin before her Embarassed Embarassed marriage to Luke Daly above ...sorry for the mistake in the post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums Forum Index -> Armagh Research All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: