Research Services - Get Reports, Family History Details and much more Buy Documents - Buy Ancestral Documents - Click here Free Content - Ancestral Information, details of townlands and more... Sign Up to our Free Ancestral Newsletter sent every 2-3 weeks
Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums Forum Index Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums
Message board for discussion of Ulster Genealogy and Northern Ireland Ancestry / Family History

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New membership is closed. Current users log in as usual.

Ulster Ancestry Free Ancestor Search - Search over 330,000 ancestors and ancestry records.

Blakelys in area of the Parish Clones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums Forum Index -> Fermanagh Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janie
Established Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Blakelys in area of the Parish Clones Reply with quote

Would any one have information of the Blakelys from south Fermanagh (Parish of Clones) pre-1850s? I would be extremely grateful for any information as I feel as though I'm at al dead end! Thanks. Janie B.
sheena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Blakelys of Clones, Reply with quote

I have just put a message on the Monaghan forum, I have Blakely in the
names I am interested in .Mary Ann Bla(c)kely married Moore Thomson .
from Clones
Janie
Established Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Blakelys Reply with quote

HI Sheena,

Have you any dates for your Blakelys?
My great-grandfather Robert Blakely had a daughter called Mary but no other detailsi'm afraid. Sad

Janie
sheena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Blakelys of Clones, Reply with quote

Hi Janie, no dates , but The daughter of Moore Thomson and Mary Ann Blakely was born about 1852, . Its possible that Maryann Blakely's maiden name was Keys. I have just started to look into this branch of the family,
Janie
Established Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

There are no Keys that i no off in my branch. But saying that i'm not 100% sure that my great-grandmother's (Robert Blakely's wife) maiden name was Downey. As far as the Blakelys go, i'm up against a brick wall and will rule nothing out at this time. Confused So, I guess i'm not much help Sheena.
Embarassed
Janie
sheena

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Blakelys of Clones, Reply with quote

I'll keep digging and hopefully I'll find something that connects.The name isn't that common. . Do you have any WILLIAM BLAKELYs

Sheena
Janie
Established Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sheen,

My grandfather was called John William. Is that of any help???

Janie Smile
sheena

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Blakelys of Clones, Reply with quote

Hi , Don't know , but I will go through my notes (lots of wee bits of paper) and get back to you
Sheena Smile
Janie
Established Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Ok Sheena. I have just noticed your location is down as Scotland too. Where abouts? I'm Dumfries. Laughing

Janie
sheena

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Blakelys of Clones, Reply with quote

East Kilbride near Glasgow.
Have you any idea what dates you are looking for?
I think my Blakelys came to Glasgow about 1900.
Janie
Established Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Blakelys Reply with quote

Hi Sheena,

Most of my Blakelys are still in county Fermanagh. Only my mum, bro and his family and myself are in Scotland. But i'd say Robert Blakely (my G-Granda) was born circa 1850s

Janie
Janie
Established Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sheena,

It seems ages since we were in contact. I have recently received my grandfather's (John William Blakely) birth certificate and on it his parents were listed as Robert Blakely and Mary Jane Downey. As for Mary Jane's mother's maiden name I've no idea.
As im going a way for the week tomorrow morning I shall not have any access to a computer til I come back. Cheers!

Janie[/color][/size][/size] Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ulster Ancestry Genealogy & Ancestry Forums Forum Index -> Fermanagh Research All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: